Hey guys, anyone know the tonal differences between the fender stratocaster and telecaster?
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Teles are known for their "twang." Most of them have a thinner sound than the average Strat. But there are numerous models of Teles and Strats out there, and they can and do produce a variety of sounds.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Teles are known for their "twang." Most of them have a thinner sound than the average Strat. But there are numerous models of Teles and Strats out there, and they can and do produce a variety of sounds.

This.
Go for the Tele. Strats aren't as versatile as telecasters.
To me, a Tele is ultimate simplicity... A jack of all trades, yet master at none.
I've used a Tele to play everything from Country, to Blues, to jazz and 80's and 90's Rock. It'll do it all. It's not really a Heavy metal guitar, but neither is a stock Strat.

A Strat has 5 positions on the switch, still all single coils, but with mor options, and an additional tone control and is a very versitile guitar.

I Love 'em both... If somebody told me I could only have one guitar.... I'd pick a Tele...Bone Stock with a Maple Fretboard...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Skullivan
This.
Go for the Tele. Strats aren't as versatile as telecasters.

How? - i have an HSS strat and with the right pickups you can play any genre on it - and get more sounds, 5 vs 3, and have one more tone control, and you have the whammy bar to use as well; even a standard SSS strat still has more versatility than a stock tele.

Teles are great guitars, but will never be more versatile than a strat.
Well what do you want to know about thats different? There almost compleatly different.. thats like asking whats the diff between a dog and a hotdog