Has anybody heard anything about this or tried one? seems like it could be a great value.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
yeah i played one, its not bad nice and clean, slightly compressed. i liked it clean but i couldnt play it wide open.
hmm, maybe a pedal would help the dirty?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Yep, it would. For rock maybe a ds-1 or Marshall guvnor...for metal a boss mt2/ml2 etc. Or a MXR fullbore metal
bought one for my brother once. great little toy. i consider it a definite upgrade to a conventional practice amp, but it doesn't quite get loud enough for all your gigging/practicing needs.

i thought it had a great clean presence that dirty up quite favorably. reacted to playing dynamics pretty well. running it wide open sounds pretty grizzly but isn't what you would consider 'modern high gain', more like overdriven champ.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
bought one for my brother once. great little toy. i consider it a definite upgrade to a conventional practice amp, but it doesn't quite get loud enough for all your gigging/practicing needs.

i thought it had a great clean presence that dirty up quite favorably. reacted to playing dynamics pretty well. running it wide open sounds pretty grizzly but isn't what you would consider 'modern high gain', more like overdriven champ.

nice, getting a new amp next month so just shopping around.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i don't think the cab is ply (if it's teh one i'm thinking of). I'd get a different cab (haven't tried the amp)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had the head running it through a 412 cab, It sounded great a little past halfway, the 5w one that is.

Its really loud for a house though, but man I kinda miss the amp actually. It was great for 100 bucks. Got a clip of it in the profile going from clean to dirty.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
I had the head running it through a 412 cab, It sounded great a little past halfway, the 5w one that is.

Its really loud for a house though, but man I kinda miss the amp actually. It was great for 100 bucks. Got a clip of it in the profile going from clean to dirty.

Sweet man. How you like that agile? I was thinking of getting a Al-2000 along with that amp. I have about $500 that ill have to spend next month. Thats why I was looking into a budget amp so I can grab another budget guitar as well.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Kustom are one of the best-kept secrets in all of the amplifier industry. I would take a Defender over a LOT of amps. Definitely one of the best values out there.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Kustom are one of the best-kept secrets in all of the amplifier industry. I would take a Defender over a LOT of amps. Definitely one of the best values out there.

only thing that worries me is no eq. but i was thinking of getting a metal muff since that does have eq on it, you think that would be alright?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Why would you get the half stack anyways? The actual combo is better. It's juicier and does have the eq as well as reverb i believe. Are you looking at 5w, 20w, or 50w?

If you're bent on the stack, an eq pedal would do far more for your sound than any built-in "eq" on a fuzz/od/distortion pedal.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I am looking at the 5 watt stack. for only $199 seems like a great deal. they also a 18 watt, i think its a hybrid.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by kyle62
The original Defender (50w combo) is once of the best, most underrated budget amps I've ever heard.

Not for rock and roll it's not
alright here we go. my apologies again. I thought id try to save some money if I can get something cheaper than 500-600 bucks. any thoughts on this kustom? peavey windsor? jet city 20 watters? basically anything under $400. but then the vypyr $400. then again the vypyr is $450. but the vyoyr I have has turned me off to moedling has me wanting to the less is better option. I am a beginner just looking for somethign decent to practice and jam out on. i'm wont be playing gigs for a while... im just so lost. i apologize guys. the people i know who plays guitar who works with me on it is a blues guy. so when it comes to metal im on my own.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Jan 3, 2012,