Page 1 of 4
How much do you spoil your kids? Do you buy them everything they want? Do you make them work for what they want? Keep things average, or slightly above average?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Above all I'd teach them to be thankful for what they have and that being born into a rich family doesn't make them better or more deserving of opportunities. I wouldn't spoil them, but I wouldn't deprive them of things just to be a bastard.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Above all I'd teach them to be thankful for what they have and that being born into a rich family doesn't make them better or more deserving of opportunities. I wouldn't spoil them, but I wouldn't deprive them of things just to be a bastard.

Sounds about right.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Middle class everything. Like the world needs more of these vile beings that know no satisfaction:

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'd make sure they have the necessities to lead a comfortable life; a car, shelter and food, possibly a job if the circumstances were right.

Then send them off to the wild.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I'd spoil them a bit, but not a lot.

If they need it, I won't hesitate. But if it's a want, it's only going to be occasionally, not every single time.

I think I'd spoil myself more. I'd probably have musical instruments everywhere in my house.
I'd make savings accounts for each. I'd pay for their college tuition and rent once they move out for school, but not for long after graduation. Once they really need a car, I'd get them each a hybrid. I'd buy and for things that support their passions, but not overdo it. I'd give them money for food here and there.

But in return, I'd expect them to get a job. I'd be happy to hook them up with one, but they'd need to show that they will work when they need to and not have poor work ethics.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
They're not getting anything without working for it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I wouldn't spoil them. I'd make sure they're well taken care of, but I wouldn't give them absolutely everything they want.

I'd make sure to put them in a public school, too. Private education is a breeding ground for snobbery.
Quote by boreamor
I'll spoil the shit out of my daughter until she becomes stupid and very... Grateful

EVERYBODY LOOK, THIS GUY IS GOING TO HAVE SEX WITH HIS FUTURE DAUGHTER.

As for me, I wouldn't deprive them of all my money. But I'd also teach them they have to earn money themselves, and I didn't get my fortune by having it handed out to me. I wouldn't get every single little thing they ask for either, only if they really need it. I'd probably get the occasional treat though.
West Ham United
I'd make sure they were comfortable but they have to understand that people can't just get things without working for them.
cat
I'd buy myself and them everything. **** everyone else!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
theyd have a comfortable life but not spoiled theyd have to earn things they have

id proabably spoil myself more and have instrument all over th ehouse...and guns id proabaly start buying guns
I'd send them to plough the wheat fields while I sit from the porch of my super mansion and yell insulting commentary.
I'd spoil them, but I'd get drunk and beat them savagely in hopes that the two will cancel each other out.
I would lie to my children about my/our wealth, and live our lives as middle-class Americans. They will learn to embrace minimalism and shun consumerism, and will do so by playing outside.
Quote by Weaponized
Well, we'd be able to afford the abortion if that were the case.

Surely you could afford a pack of condoms if you could afford an abortion...
Quote by Butt Rayge
Surely you could afford a pack of condoms if you could afford an abortion...

That's for poor people.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I wouldn't spoil them. I'd make sure they're well taken care of, but I wouldn't give them absolutely everything they want.

I'd make sure to put them in a public school, too. Private education is a breeding ground for snobbery.

I earned my way into a private school and paid only for books due to scholarships. No snobbery was had. The majority of the people in the school weren't either (they were there, but they will be everywhere). I wouldn't just buy their way into a private school but if they are actually successful academically, I don't see a reason not to send them to one.
Quote by jetfuel495
I would pretend that I'm not a multimillionaire, instead, i'd live life like a middle-class American and raise my kids to understand the value of a dollar.

Then when they all grow up I'll be all like, "by the way, we're filthy fucking rich"

Headline the next day: "Multi-millionaire father killed by children"
I don't know what would surprise me more, being a father or being a millionare. I think I have a higher chance of...well actually...yeah pretty equal low odds.

Oh point of thread lol
I would keep things slightly above average. I would know what things my kids need to learn, but have ny moments like Xmas and summer vacation. So slightly above average but never spoil.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by rjdusa
I earned my way into a private school and paid only for books due to scholarships. No snobbery was had. The majority of the people in the school weren't either (they were there, but they will be everywhere). I wouldn't just buy their way into a private school but if they are actually successful academically, I don't see a reason not to send them to one.

I wasn't meaning to say that every single kid that attends a private school grows up to be a snooty cunt, just that it's more humbling to go to a public school.

My parents aren't even close to rich, but they earn enough for us to live and they sent me to a public school when they probably could have afforded private education. I made friends with heaps of kids that were a hell of a lot worse off than we were. Like, they were almost living in poverty. You learn to appreciate what you have. They sent my younger brother to a private school for a few years and he turned out to be a self-righteous cunt. He thinks he deserves the world on a silver platter. I think everything was a competition between him and his school friends.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I wasn't meaning to say that every single kid that attends a private school grows up to be a snooty cunt, just that it's more humbling to go to a public school.

My parents aren't even close to rich, but they earn enough for us to live and they sent me to a public school when they probably could have afforded private education. I made friends with heaps of kids that were a hell of a lot worse off than we were. Like, they were almost living in poverty. You learn to appreciate what you have. They sent my younger brother to a private school for a few years and he turned out to be a self-righteous cunt. He thinks he deserves the world on a silver platter. I think everything was a competition between him and his school friends.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had more to do with him being a younger sibling than the school. I feel the same about my younger sisters/brother, but they went to public schools. Most of the people who were dicks in the private school (high school) were dicks in the public schools (lower grades) as well.

Nothing wrong with competition. Competition fuels progress.
I'd give them the same quality of childhood as I'd had. I'd be there to provide a stable home, put 3 meals a day on the table, give them a good birthday/Christmas, the occasional holiday, put them through private high school (though I spent half of my High School years at a public one), but I wouldn't spoil them.

I'd expect them to start working a weekend job/part time job at 15 like I did, and I'd want them to do their bit around the house. Basically, I'd give them the childhood I had. Once they hit 15, if they want something then they have to learn to save.

This is going under the assumption you worked hard to get the money in the first place.
there are no more or less dicks in either kind of school. I'd likely send my kid to a private school because a good school can seriously influence ones success in life beyond school. Even more so in the school system here.

Anyone that would deny access to a better education in a vain attempt to keep your kid 'grounded' is a little strange. If despite my best efforts my child turns out to be a horrible person, then it'd probably be my fault or a result of his natural cuntiness
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
They'll get an allowance that will make them have to save a few weeks for the things they want. After that, they'll get a job and I'll agree to match whatever paycheck they bring home as incentive. More work, more money. That way I can still spoil them while making them understand that things aren't free.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
i would hire world class olympic trainers to build maximum strength , music trainers to make them outstanding in a wide variety of instruments, and scheduled literary studies

they will be renaissance children

they will be geniuses

they will be jacked

they will be jacked geniuses

and rockstars.
Hm.

Ideally no. No I wouldn't spoil them and raise them to be brats, but I think actually having that much money often warps your brain a little bit, and sort of makes that kind of thing to be inevitable.

I dunno. I guess it is possible not to spoil them. I'd like to think not, but I don't know...
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
I would spend as much money as humanly possible in order to train them in every martial arts known to man. To make sure they were in peak Olympic level athletic shape. Hire the greatest minds to tutor them, send them to the best schools, to assure they achieve a near genius level intellect. Perfect their deductive skills. And finally, send them to the farthest reaches of the earth, to the wisest of spiritual gurus to teach them about righteousness.

Then, I would force them to wear skimpy outfits, buy them all kinds of crazy gadgets, and we would fight crime together. Like some kind of happy, ****ed up family.
Last edited by robertsanidiot at Dec 19, 2011,
If I were a multi millionaire I could possibly get a new lock for the basement......
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Dec 19, 2011,
The culture in Australia appears to be very different to America, but I went to a private school and as far as I know, I'm not a self-righteous ****. I've had a part-time job since I was 15, wasn't spoiled and the great education I received allowed me to study law at university. Had I not gone to a private school it's entirely possible I wouldn't have had the chance to study such an interesting and challenging course. I think not sending your kids to private school because you think they'll become snobbish is lazy and selfish. Give them the best education possible and raise them well yourself. I would say far more college students are snobbish pricks than non college students, so would you refuse to let your children study at a tertiary level?
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
I don't understand the people saying they would deprive their kids of a better education. If I can pay for a prestigious school then that would be where they go. If they get a scholarship, even better. I also wouldn't deprive them of anything. They wouldn't just get anything they wanted just by asking, but if they worked for it, I wouldn't be an ass about it.

Also, we would all have sick cars, and season tickets to the Phillies and Eagles
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
They would be taken care of, and comfortable, but not spoiled. I'd teach them to appreciate what they have, and how to take care of themselves when they are older. Life happens and money like that can go right down the drain, and I wouldn't want them to totally rely on all the money they were born into.
I would have beat them with a gilded cane instead of the old wooden spoon.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 4