I've recently realized what one of the key things holding my playing back was. A few years back, I injured my thumb badly enough to weaken it to the point that I can pull it all the way back to my wrist (it looks worse than it sounds), and I've noticed that when I play guitar for any length of time, it becomes incredibly fatigued and causes me a lot of pain (at the joint, where my thumb joins my hand). It makes it so I can't really play more than a half an hour tops before it's not worth the pain anymore. So, to get to the point, I was wondering if there was a way so that I could strengthen the muscles of my thumb outside of playing guitar, something I can do pretty much anywhere. I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section, but here's hoping. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me!
Quote by FlyingPirahna
I've recently realized what one of the key things holding my playing back was. A few years back, I injured my thumb badly enough to weaken it to the point that I can pull it all the way back to my wrist (it looks worse than it sounds), and I've noticed that when I play guitar for any length of time, it becomes incredibly fatigued and causes me a lot of pain (at the joint, where my thumb joins my hand). It makes it so I can't really play more than a half an hour tops before it's not worth the pain anymore. So, to get to the point, I was wondering if there was a way so that I could strengthen the muscles of my thumb outside of playing guitar, something I can do pretty much anywhere. I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section, but here's hoping. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me!

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/handcondiitions/a/gamekeepers.htm