I was at a all night punk concert last weekend, it was a fairly smallish venue so i was taking pictures of each band without issue. One of the bands was setting up and i took a picture of the guitar players pedal board (the band had 4 massive boards... they basically hit one chord and stepped on pedals for the remainder of the 3 minute songs). ANYWAY, right after i take the picture the guitar player said no pictures of pedals (kinda... i am in korea so he didn't actually say that just lots of strange gestures), like his secret pedals were only his. Is this a thing? like, are people protective of their board setups like the secret spices in the KFC seasoning?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
like, are people protective of their board setups like the secret spices in the KFC seasoning?

LOL.. I don't know... I've watched dozens of video's of some famous Guitar players showing off their pedal board... Takes more than the same pedals and amps to recreate their sound.. Weird...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by zenbone
i am in korea

This... The last thing Kim-Jong Il ever said, was that he must hide his pedalboard, so no-one can ever see it.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by henrihell
This... The last thing Kim-Jong Il ever said, was that he must hide his pedalboard, so no-one can ever see it.

He must have given the guitarist a mission before he died. TS your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to track down that guitarist, capture him and bring him back to headquarters.....alive.

I'm still recovering from Mission Impossible. The new one is br00tlZ.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
He must have given the guitarist a mission before he died. TS your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to track down that guitarist, capture him and bring him back to headquarters.....alive.

I'm still recovering from Mission Impossible. The new one is br00tlZ.

Challenge accepted... jokes on him, i took the pictures anyway MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
the pedal board Kim Jeong Ill DOESN'T want you to know about!
Attachments:
Pedals.jpg
Quote by BlackVoid
Wait, that's his secret sauce? A bunch of boss pedals and a soundbox distortion? Maybe he didn't want you taking pictures because it would ruin his street cred if people found out he shopped at Guitar Center like the common folk.
Quote by rokket2005
That sounds terrible.

No it was really fun, it was hosted by the Republic Of Korea Roller Derby team. It was alcohol fueled insanity from start to finish! 5pm to 5am, it was a fundraiser for children and my liver.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by zenbone
No it was really fun, it was hosted by the Republic Of Korea Roller Derby team. It was alcohol fueled insanity from start to finish! 5pm to 5am, it was a fundraiser for children and my liver.

Alcohol and events to benefit children don't go together.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC

BAHAHAHA
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by JKHC
Alcohol and events to benefit children don't go together.

In Korea it does
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
In Korea it does

+1... in Korea EVERYTHING goes with alcohol, even more alcohol.
Quote by BlackVoid
Maybe they were stolen and he was afraid you'd call the police? What is the penalty for grand pedal theft in the R.O.K.? Does it involve a blackjack and a soundproof room?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Well, was his tone good?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
^ it's "punk" n00b, of course not.

he's probably afraid because some of the pedals were made in japan.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i lolled a little bit, then pee'd

Thanks for sharing
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by zenbone
Is this a thing? like, are people protective of their board setups like the secret spices in the KFC seasoning?

I'm a noob so I dunno from experience, but a thought...
The Edge didn't mind showing off his board and rack in It Might Get Loud , and since he is known for his artful effects use, well, I don't know why anyone else would be paranoid either.
Do you remember the name of the band?

Post a pic of the guitar player you were able to get and lets have a look.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -