Hey guys

long time no thread post, so here we go

Basically, I stopped playing for almost a year, due to a variety of silly, mysterious, and downright sad happenings, I then invested in a new bass for the collection, in some vague hope that it'd kick start my interest again ( the ss squire jag to anyone who's interested, and luvly for the price it is too) but alas, it didn't, I'd become bored with my style, and lost any real interest in learning another...but then something changed...TONE

For years i've been a smiley face EQ guy, being a bit of a slap-aholic and having not played in a band for a while, I've not had to worry about losing myself in the mix and obviously wanted punch at the far ends of the spectrum, but going back to Birmingham and jamming with my old guitarist, who himself has gone thru a radical tone and playing style transformation, I've realised just how great some drrty mids can be!

Since switching to a more frowny face EQ I've stopped slapping all the time (something I'd grown really fed up with) and find myself writing dirty little blues licks and runs,as well as holding down groove better, and stopped feeling that need to use showy playing, finding my sound overall more impressive than what Im playing! Frowny EQ has led to smiley face!

Anyone else found a new focus on something to do with bass has re-lit their fire? Anyone else got any EQ ideas I cud try, How does your tone reflect your playing? Do you stick to the same tones or switch between several? and how are you all?

LONG STORY SHORT VERSION: Went thru long journey, stopped playing, discovered EQ, no longer bored, play totally different, its awesome, any more suggestions for keeping the energy going?
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I have a Digitech BP200, so just playing around with all the FX I can find on it gets me going. You find a really cool FX and try to figure out what songs you could use it in, and then playing songs using the fx. I used a 2oct up whammy to play the bells in the intro to "For Whom The Bell Tolls" for an example. Also planning on getting a talkbox so I could play dubstep for real on my bass.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
^ cool, Ive bust out my VT Bass Tech 21 as well as the EHX English Muff'n I traded offa Spaz ages ago...both add different kinds of dirt and both have thus far provided a lot of fun, lovin the Muff'n especially atm for QOTSA style grit
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Spector + new strings + slight overdrive + pick = bliss.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding