Soap,

I got a moving traffic citation last night for "Following to Closey". I really don't want the Points or to Pay the fine so I'm asking for your opinions guys.

I was driving home last night and I was fine, then we got to the road where the cop was and the guy in front of me slowed down and kept doing it and I would adjust and back off. Then the car deicded to change lanes, so naturally frustrated already at their driving I wanted to resume the speed limit and sped up when they changed lanes. Well right after I did I saw the lights of dread. I sighed to myself and promptly pulled over when safe to do so and used my turn signal.

I sat there on the side of the road for 15 minutes before she even came to my window. She asked the standard ID, Insurance and so on. She went back to her car for another 15 minutes and came back then deicded to ask me why I was pulled over. I answered speeding even though I wasn't and she said "No, Following to closey" then asked me what it said in the DMV book and I answered 3 second rule which she agreed to when it really 4 second, but that was her fault. She started yelling and going off then let me go with my Citation which has no date.

Advice?
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Where abouts is Closey? And why aren't you allowed to follow someone there?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Tell them you were drunk, they won't care about how closely you were following someone anymore.
Quote by metacarpi
Where abouts is Closey? And why aren't you allowed to follow someone there?

DMV Booklet says to follow the 4 second rule or in a manner that doesn't endanger anyone. There was no accident or anything.

Btw she marked I said I was Guilty on my citation but I never admitted guilt. I only answered her one question, which is the following distance, and remained silent.
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Just for future reference, when a cop asks you why you think you were pulled over, you should say no...

But I'd just take the Citation to the authorities, show them it has no date, etc.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Xter
DMV Booklet says to follow the 4 second rule or in a manner that doesn't endanger anyone. There was no accident or anything.

Btw she marked I said I was Guilty on my citation but I never admitted guilt. I only answered her one question, which is the following distance, and remained silent.

It kind of depends on where you live. I'd imagine you are near Closey, since you were following someone to there anyway. Though to be honest, I couldn't find any towns called "Closey" so maybe it's some sort of friend or relative?
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Primus2112
Just for future reference, when a cop asks you why you think you were pulled over, you should say no...

But I'd just take the Citation to the authorities, show them it has no date, etc.

I know, I realized this now. It was my first citation and her being her all mighty highness of authority had made me panic and I really couldn't of thought right at all. I remained silent the majority of the time, only that part. It frustrates me that so much was unfilled on my Citation like her Police Station Address, Date, and her hand writing is so terrible
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Xter
I know, I realized this now. It was my first citation and her being her all mighty highness of authority had made me panic and I really couldn't of thought right at all. I remained silent the majority of the time, only that part. It frustrates me that so much was unfilled on my Citation like her Police Station Address, Date, and her hand writing is so terrible

Jeez, no address? Just take it to your local police station then, and just ask them what you're supposed to do with it.
Quote by Primus2112
Jeez, no address? Just take it to your local police station then, and just ask them what you're supposed to do with it.

Well, I have the magistrates address on it though. It has all the information I need to plead guilty or not and pay the fine. It's confusing to me because I never had one but yet there is spots where it is obvious that information is missing.
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Xter
Well, I have the magistrates address on it though. It has all the information I need to plead guilty or not and pay the fine. It's confusing to me because I never had one but yet there is spots where it is obvious that information is missing.

Oh. Well, just go to the magistrate and do all that shit, and also try to follow up on that asshole cop
Quote by Primus2112
Oh. Well, just go to the magistrate and do all that shit, and also try to follow up on that asshole cop

Sounds good, but what do I do about the Officer already putting down that I plead guilty when I did not? Just tell the judge and see if he cares even?
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I guess, but you'll probably end up paying the fine anyway
It sounds like there are a lot of technical problems with that ticket and it could get dismissed just for that. Go show it to the judge. I once got a parking ticket dismissed because the cop wrote a "9" that looked like a "7". I didn't even have to say anything, just handed it to the judge and he shook his head and dismissed it.
Just look up some place like X-Coppers or something to let you off. More than often these types of tickets and thrown out because of improper wording or lack of specific information leading to the ticket.

My buddy used x-coppers for a few speeding tickets, cost him around 500 each time but got off each time, no fine, no points taken. Worth it for him because he holds several classes of licenses and wanted to keep his record clean to be a firefighter.
Quote by Spud Spudly
It sounds like there are a lot of technical problems with that ticket and it could get dismissed just for that. Go show it to the judge. I once got a parking ticket dismissed because the cop wrote a "9" that looked like a "7". I didn't even have to say anything, just handed it to the judge and he shook his head and dismissed it.

I'm hoping that's what happens. And hopefully because the information she supplied was not detailed in any sort. It was "Following another motorist to closey" when I only did it for a few seconds. It really is BS in my opinion

Quote by metalblaster
Just look up some place like X-Coppers or something to let you off. More than often these types of tickets and thrown out because of improper wording or lack of specific information leading to the ticket.

My buddy used x-coppers for a few speeding tickets, cost him around 500 each time but got off each time, no fine, no points taken. Worth it for him because he holds several classes of licenses and wanted to keep his record clean to be a firefighter.

Sorry, that's not really an option. I don't want to pay even more for a clean record because I do not need one for my career. I just want to have everything settled out and avoid the fine because it was improperly placed upon me.
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by Xter at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Sounds like she was just fishing for a ticket...

That what it seems to me. I'm upset by the fact that one person just wanting to take something back to the barracks to show off, pulled over and ticketed someone who was NOT breaking the law.

I spoken to my father who is crafty at these matters said to wait till the hearing and present your evidence and 3 second actually being 4 second rule thing to put doubt in the judge's head of the clarity of the officer's actions then to show the missing information on the ticket to show how incompetent the officer was.
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Xter
(...)
Sorry, that's not really an option. I don't want to pay even more for a clean record because I do not need one for my career. I just want to have everything settled out and avoid the fine because it was improperly placed upon me.

Well that's pretty much your only option. Or just set a court date and contest it, but you'd better make damn sure you know what you're talking about before you waste your/the court's time + your court fee. Most of the time if the ticket was written and executed in a very cut and dry fashion, your case gets thrown out. There's a reason why these companies are so successful, because most of the employees are ex-cops or civil court related lawyers, which is what gives them an almost certain chance of winning.

EDIT: I'm saying all this from a Canadian stand point. Our systems are generally similar. The american system seems to have a massive amount of specifics as far as any sort of law goes. Not to mention state differences and yaddayadda...
Last edited by metalblaster at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by Xter
That what it seems to me. I'm upset by the fact that one person just wanting to take something back to the barracks to show off, pulled over and ticketed someone who was NOT breaking the law.

I spoken to my father who is crafty at these matters said to wait till the hearing and present your evidence and 3 second actually being 4 second rule thing to put doubt in the judge's head of the clarity of the officer's actions then to show the missing information on the ticket to show how incompetent the officer was.

Try and look up something like a ''state offences'' book or something. Over here we'll call it like ''ontario provincial offences'' for the ontario province. Then look into you road rules or whatever, which here is called the HTA (highway traffic act), and then keep searching until you find rules about tailgating and the number of seconds needed to stay withing legal distance.