Has anyone used a 2 x 12 combo to power a cab?

I picked up a laney RX120RT for cheap a few weeks ago, it has the capacity to power a speaker cab.

Has anyone used a similar amp to power a cab? how does it sound?

the amp is rated for 120 watts, and it sounds pretty good on its own, i just need something a little bigger for shows.

Any thoughts?
It's going to sound just like it already does, except you'll be able to spread the sound out a bit more. It won't actually make it louder.
Quote by old_miluakee
Has anyone used a 2 x 12 combo to power a cab?

I picked up a laney RX120RT for cheap a few weeks ago, it has the capacity to power a speaker cab.

Has anyone used a similar amp to power a cab? how does it sound?

the amp is rated for 120 watts, and it sounds pretty good on its own, i just need something a little bigger for shows.

Any thoughts?

I've used this rig for a lot of years... basically a half stack.. The added 2 speakers for me really makes the sound full, and projects it a lot nicer than the combo by itself...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
It should work fine, so long as you match the impedance (check if the speaker impedance of the combo, and get a cab with the same impedance). However the sound won't change much, getting 15's will make it a bit bassier, 10's less so.

You can spread the sound abit more, and it may be louder, depending on the efficiency of the speakers, or possibly quieter. Unless you can find the spec's of your speakers, you probably wont be able to find out which without trying it.
I have a b52 at100 head, and also the at100 combo. With an avatar 4-12. I run the avatar off of the combo so I have six 12's going. I'll usually put just the cab on the far side of the stage and keep the combo on my side so I have the ability to tweak it a bit. I don't even use my the head version anymore. The combo with the cab sounds so much more full using them together. Can't even compare just the combo alone.
Thanks for the input, i'm going to bring my amp with me and try out a few different cabs before I make a decision for sure.

Im also playing an epiphone les paul custom, nice guitar my man.