Hey guys, basically I'm looking to upgrade my headphones. I use them for both playing through my amp and via interface when using Guitar Rig and my current ones just don't cut the mustard, they sound horrible when you turn on the gain. Looking at a price of about $300 AUD, but I can go higher if need be. I was looking at the Roland RH-200's today, and they seemed pretty solid, but I didn't get a chance to run any high gain guitars through them. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what a good set would be?
Sennheiser HD-280 PRO
Great Headphones. And Amazon has them for around $75 right now normally $100
I have had these for several years and love em.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by kyle62
Are monitor speakers not an option?
$300 won't get him shit in terms of monitors if he plans on doing any form of recording/mixing, especially in Australia. Maybe a set of M-Audio AV-40's, but those are fucking terrible (though if he isn't recording or mixing, and just needs to hear himself, they'll work fine).
Quote by Ian_the_fox
$300 won't get him shit in terms of monitors if he plans on doing any form of recording/mixing, especially in Australia. Maybe a set of M-Audio AV-40's, but those are fucking terrible (though if he isn't recording or mixing, and just needs to hear himself, they'll work fine).

Plus if he gets seen carrying speakers into his house his neighbors will call the cops and claim he molested their dog.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by JohnnyNash
Sennheiser HD-280 PRO
Great Headphones. And Amazon has them for around $75 right now normally $100
I have had these for several years and love em.

The price is still good. could you please post the amazon link ?

Yeah, I just visited a couple more music stores and the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro's seem to be the business. I can pick them up $149.00 from my local music store, which I think I'll do, I like to give them business whenever I can. Thanks for all the help guys!
Quote by tubetime86
Plus if he gets seen carrying speakers into his house his neighbors will call the cops and claim he molested their dog.

+1 Better smuggle them in under your shirt in the dead of night, TS.