In the market for an ABY pedal. Want to be able to switch between amps and run both amps at the same time. Anybody have any recomendations? I was thinking about the Morley ABY but read that its a noisey switch. Definately dont want that considering my already noisey amps.

TIA
Easiest pedal in the world to build yourself. Here's my circuit.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
There's nothing inherently noisy about the Morley. It's the same circuit as the one Cath posted above. If you get noise with the Morley, you're going to get noise with most other ABYs unless you pay a bunch of money for an isolated version. It's not the pedal that's noisy, it's what you're doing with it.

I'd get/make a cheap one, then reassess options if it's too noisy.
Sweetness, Its been a while since i've actually used a breadboard but eff it, im in. Will head to radio shack tonight. - Think you can write a list of the components for me? (eek) I can hear it now - if you cant read the above schematic you have no business bla bla bla.. =)

Which switches are those?
Is that a 10k ohm resistor?
You don't need a breadboard. Just mount the hardware and wire it all up.

2 x DPDT footswitches
3 x 1/4" phono sockets
2 LED's of whatever colour you like
2 x 10K resistors
9V battery clip
DC power socket
and some hookup wire.

Edit, oh and an enclosure big enough to fit it all into.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 19, 2011,
Good man. Here's a pic of the inside for you. Sorry it's not a clearer photo but the only camera I had on hand was my phone.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Ha, think i got it. Googled the switch a little more and the two middle connections are the axis points that are switched about, and the sides are the outputs or "switched to" connections.. I.E The end of the Arrow in your diagram..
Crap - I didnt get (2) 10M resistors. I have a couple more 10k resistors can I use those in place of the 10M resistors? (need to correct the buy list up a few posts) =)
Last edited by surjer at Jan 30, 2012,
Can someone please QC my revisions? Also - I went ahead and picked up a stereo jack to use for the input so i can kill the battery signal but wasnt sure how to draw it in.

Last edited by surjer at Jan 30, 2012,
Must have went wrong somewhere in that schematic cause its not acting like i think it should. Both buttons kinda act like on/off switches but the bottom one only turns "on" when both LED's are off. - So LED functionality doesnt really match up with what im hearing. Ohh well, I might just have to run with it as i'm just about out of time. Tryouts are tonight!