Poll: Do you think it's wrong for pregnant women to use?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think it's wrong for pregnant women to use?
I think it's morally reprehensible/should be illegal/something to that effect
93 79%
It's their body and their business
12 10%
I don't really care...
2 2%
I'm a pregnant woman and Imma name my babies Rémy and *hic* Martin
11 9%
Voters: 118.
Page 1 of 3
How do you feel about pregnant women smoking, drinking, or using other drugs? Do you feel obligated to say anything or just mind your own business?

There are an unprecedented number of super pregnant women at my job who waddle around the smoking area puffing on their Parliaments. People just ignore them.
My first instinct is usually to say something, but then I remember how much I hate babies so I let them be.
It is called supreme negligence and irresponsibility.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
How does one become "super pregnant"?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It should be illegal. Then you wouldn't even have to interact with some Jerry Springer-type woman who completely disregards the health of her child. You could simply call the preggo police.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm pro choice and think its okay to kill babies while they are in the womb , so of course I'm okay with women smoking and shit.
I live in a horrible red neck town. Thus, every single woman at the bar has a couple kids already and most are currently pregnant. Doesn't stop them from putting 9 or 10 back and taking a smoke break every 15 minutes.

Pisses me off but I don't usually say anything unless I get drunk.

edit* by single I actually mean the single ladies. Though I guess it's technically true of the married ones too.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Dec 19, 2011,
Recent research suggests that pregnant women can responsibly drink. I'd assume they could responsibly do other drugs too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3285792/Pregnant-women-can-drink-a-small-glass-of-wine-a-week.html

I can't blame pregnant women who smoke too much as long as they cut down. My mother most likely smoked whilst she was pregnant with me and I'm pretty cool with it.

Then again, I wouldn't get uppity over a pregnant woman's personal habits as long as they weren't being pretty reckless. It's pretty harsh being told you're both pregnant and can't take any drugs (including alcohol) for the duration of
Last edited by Craigo at Dec 19, 2011,
My best friends older sis is pretty sketchy. She wasnt going to keep the kid as she had two of her own already (one already lost to DCF) and got pregnant with some dude she knew for like a month who left her shortly after hearig of said pregnancy.

At his place for his sons birthday party and i see her chugging a corona. I walk over and ask "what are you doing?" and she looks at me as if the world is great and says 'what?".
I ask why she's drinking like that with a kid in her stomach (5months) and her direct, word for word,not changed for the internet answer was......

"So what. Im not keeping it. Why should i care?"

What is happening to people?
Knowledge is power
Pregnant women who smoke, drink or take drugs are irresponsible and should be sent to work camps immediately. I don't tolerate it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Pregnant women who smoke, drink or take drugs are irresponsible and should be sent to work camps immediately. I don't tolerate it.

That's not extreme enough. I think women without hard working men to look after them should be publicly shamed on BBC News at Ten. All of the tomatoes shall be thrown. Despicable women.
It's one of the reasons that humans have proven they're irresponsible enough that they should be required to pass a test before they're allowed to have children, sign a document that legally swears them in to meeting baseline requirements for safety and care of their children, and should they fail to meet basic living requirements for reasons within their control, have the child removed from them if said child is under a decided age.

Flame on, and I don't even want a shield put up, because if you think that your own personal wants and vices are more important than a baby inside you or your unborn child, then your opinion doesn't mean much to me anyway.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by Ninja#117
"So what. Im not keeping it. Why should i care?"

What is happening to people?

Makes sense to me. As long as that kid's not coming out, why bother to treat it with care?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I find it rather disgusting.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by darkstar2466

Makes sense to me. As long as that kid's not coming out, why bother to treat it with care?

If she's already 5 months pregnant and still has it, I think "not going to keep the kid" means give it up for adoption, not get it aborted. Dump the fetal alcohol syndrome baby into someone else's hands.
Quote by Craigo
That's not extreme enough. I think women without hard working men to look after them should be publicly shamed on BBC News at Ten. All of the tomatoes shall be thrown. Despicable women.

Personally I think any woman caught getting pregnant should be tied down and roundhouse kicked in the face by men with severe leprosy.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by strat0blaster
It's one of the reasons that humans have proven they're irresponsible enough that they should be required to pass a test before they're allowed to have children, sign a document that legally swears them in to meeting baseline requirements for safety and care of their children, and should they fail to meet basic living requirements for reasons within their control, have the child removed from them if said child is under a decided age.

Flame on, and I don't even want a shield put up, because if you think that your own personal wants and vices are more important than a baby inside you or your unborn child, then your opinion doesn't mean much to me anyway.

I've changed my mind. Babies are cunts.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by strat0blaster

What about the people who just look at it as a mass of cells? Why should they care, or anyone for that matter, if abortion is a simple step away?
Quote by dullsilver_mike
If she's already 5 months pregnant and still has it, I think "not going to keep the kid" means give it up for adoption, not get it aborted. Dump the fetal alcohol syndrome baby into someone else's hands.

Thank you for clearing that up. She had already agreed to give the kid up for adoption.

Im not sure what happened to the child. I no longer talk to her.
Knowledge is power
Quote by blake1221
What about the people who just look at it as a mass of cells? Why should they care, or anyone for that matter, if abortion is a simple step away?

If that's how you feel, and you realize that, put a condom on, get on birth control, and don't get pregnant. There are a number of steps you can take to pretty much erase the risk of pregnancy at this point in time. There's really no excuse for it unless you've been a victim.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
EDIT: ^ Dude, two thirds of abortions in the United States arise from failed contraception. There is an excuse. Hell, my ex girlfriend was conceived whilst her parents were using the pill and condoms. Contraception is not perfect.

Did anyone pay notice to the link I posted?
I know it's their bodies and all but come on. There's a human being inside them that can be seriously harmed by the abuse they give themselves. The baby could even be killed.
Quote by Craigo
EDIT: ^ Dude, two thirds of abortions in the United States arise from failed contraception.

Failed because of faulty product, incorrect use, or because they weren't used in the first place?

And there are always exceptions, but these are exceptions, not a two-thirds rule of thumb. Site me stats until your face turns blue, but I've seen enough people get enough other people pregnant, and enough be safe and responsible, to take that stuff with a grain of salt.

There is, however, absolutely zero excuse for mistreating a child you're carrying, which is actually the point of the thread that I sort of digressed from.

And if contraception is as imperfect as your sources say, then keep your pants on if you're incapable or not ready to put your child ahead of yourself. That's what being responsible means - seeing the world that exists past the tip of your nose.

Not you specifically, but the blanket 'you.' lol

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Failed because of faulty product, incorrect use, or because they weren't used in the first place?

I said failed contraception, so the last part is out of the window to start with.

And it could be for a number of reasons. But seriously - it's ridiculous to say 'there's no excuse - use birth control' when it's not infallible. It fucks up every once in awhile. This is not unknown. Don't be an arse.

EDIT:

And if contraception is as imperfect as your sources say, then keep your pants on if you're incapable or not ready to put your child ahead of yourself. That's what being responsible means - seeing the world that exists past the tip of your nose.

No. I will fuck other people. It's a worthwhile risk and abortion exists as an appropriate and responsible response to contraception failing.
I don't know how anyone could support that..

What I really don't get though, is women who quit smoking while pregnant only to start again after giving birth.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Craigo
EDIT: ^ Dude, two thirds of abortions in the United States arise from failed contraception. There is an excuse. Hell, my ex girlfriend was conceived whilst her parents were using the pill and condoms. Contraception is not perfect.

Yes. I get grumpy about pregnant women getting blitz drunk at the bar, not one having a glass of wine with dinner.

Actually I get grumpy about most people I know getting pregnant at all. You shouldn't just provide good health to the future child, you should be in a financial and social position where you can give them a better life than most people give their kids today.

It's so damn easy to not have kids, that there's no reason other than selfishness to have one when you're not in a near ideal situation to do so.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by Jackal58
How does one become "super pregnant"?

Gang bang.

I agree with that one dude's post (don't even remember his name and I just saw it), if you aren't responsible enough to take care of a baby you created, you shouldn't have the opportunity to make said baby. The best birth control is abstinence, and too many people forget that obvious choice.

EDIT:
Quote by Craigo
No. I will fuck other people. It's a worthwhile risk and abortion exists as an appropriate and responsible response to contraception failing.

It is not a responsible choice, it's the easy way out for lazy, immature people like you who probably don't know what responsibility is.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Last edited by guitarmaniac88 at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Yes. I get grumpy about pregnant women getting blitz drunk at the bar, not one having a glass of wine with dinner.

Actually I get grumpy about most people I know getting pregnant at all. You shouldn't just provide good health to the future child, you should be in a financial and social position where you can give them a better life than most people give their kids today.

It's so damn easy to not have kids, that there's no reason other than selfishness to have one when you're not in a near ideal situation to do so.

Sometimes shit happens. No moralising will help anyone. That kind of stigmatisation is pointless and unproductive. The real issue is how to deal with the situation. I've seen so many people respond so brilliantly to such situations it irks me when I see these kinds of attitudes.
Quote by Craigo
I said failed contraception, so the last part is out of the window to start with.

And it could be for a number of reasons. But seriously - it's ridiculous to say 'there's no excuse - use birth control' when it's not infallible. It fucks up every once in awhile. This is not unknown. Don't be an arse.

EDIT:

That sort of selfish attitude is the reason I made my statement. Potentially bringing a child into the world when you're not ready, experienced enough in life, or fit enough to raise it is not justifiable or something to be rationalized by saying "oops, oh well, everyone screws up sometimes. Better luck next time!" You make it seem like you're just late for work - oops, shit, I slept in too long, sorry I'm five minutes later, we all make mistakes sometimes, right? It's not a triviality, it's not a thing to be flippant about, and it's not something casual. A child is a wonderful thing and an awesome responsibility, and waving it off with such a blatant disregard for that is morally reprehensible.

"Sure, I'll put a kid at risk by potentially bringing it into life in a world where I don't even know if I'm able to raise it well and endanger it by way of that so I can have an hour of fun and get laid. I'm an upstanding person. How do I know? Because I'm always the first person on my mind."

Hey - since we're going with your rationale, why not just drive a hundred down every road you take? I mean, sure, you're risking a crash that could kill you or someone else, but liability and collision insurance exist as a response to your driving ability, reaction time, or judgment behind the wheel failing, so it's a worthwhile risk, right?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
^ It's ever so simple. If contraception fails, then consider abortion. I tend to sleep with people who are okay with abortion. Sex is fun and can be responsible.

My rationale is fine. But if anything did happen, I'd have to rise to the situation. No moral blame will help me.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
It is not a responsible choice, it's the easy way out for lazy, immature people like you who probably don't know what responsibility is.

At face it is an easy way out, but that doesn't make it irresponsible.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
The best birth control is abstinence, and too many people forget that obvious choice.

rape, bro
Quote by Kensai
Pregnant women who smoke, drink or take drugs are irresponsible and should be sent to death camps immediately. I don't tolerate it.

Fixed.
Page 1 of 3