I've been looking into a 3 or 4 used charvel's, and was wondering what years were best for manufacturing quality. I've heard that there are some years that they were awesome and also that for a period of time charvels were kinda shit.Wondering if anyone can tell me just exactly what years were great and what years were . Any insight you have will be greatly aprecciated.
Even given the idea that some years were 'bad years' makes it impossible to tell you if the guitar is bad or good.

You'll have to play them, inspect them carefully and only then will you know.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
^ This.

If you are buying from craigslist then try to get with the person who is selling the guitar if in the area and play it. The guitar may be made a year or 5 ago but at the end it will be how it was built at said time that will make it either good or bad quality built.

Playing a guitar is actually the best and only way to know how good it is or if it will be good for you.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by bluezombie
Even given the idea that some years were 'bad years' makes it impossible to tell you if the guitar is bad or good.

You'll have to play them, inspect them carefully and only then will you know.

I realize this, but I am not asking about is it a good guitar, I'm seeing if there are certain years better than others (for collectability purposes). I know some years are more in demand and more valuable than others, and also if it will eventually increase in wprth the longer I hold onto it.
Last edited by rox355 at Dec 19, 2011,
Quote by BobDetroit
1978-1986 were the only real Charvel's.

doubt BobDetroit regarding Charvel guitars and the fleas from a thousand wild buffalo will invade your groin.

fact.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
doubt BobDetroit regarding Charvel guitars and the fleas from a thousand wild buffalo will invade your groin.

fact.

Glad to see the Scotch and Xanax I sent you for Christmas arrived okay.
Quote by BobDetroit
1978-1986 were the only real Charvel's.

+1
(I've got a Model 5)