Hey UG just picked up a biyang metal end distortion pedal, the pedal has a steel case
and is put together pretty well, it has switches for Amp simulation which actually sounds like a freuq boost. Then there is the modern {brighter} normal {less bright} and classic which reminds me of a Laney I used to have. Then there is the High cut switch and last is the normal, bright and warm switch normal is louder and bright is bright and warm is subdued sounding with more bass and cut mid frequencies. The knobs are as follows level, low, mid freq, middle, high and distortion. 9 volt operation and can take batteries.

Ok the pedal sounds tremendous on my clean channel of my Peavey classic 30 it doesn't sound thin or brittle and has plenty of chug, does pinch harmonics easily and sounds like you are playing through a triple rec or peavey 6505 and can even get the old Black Sabbath Laney tones as well. I did a side by side with two peavey classics and the metal end on one and a Wampler triple wreck on the other. Have to say the metal end sounded superior cuts right through when you play lead and the rhythm sounds are well awesome.

I bought it used and one of the switches causes volume jump or loss occasionally but does well most of the time. I used a pacifica 1221 with a dimarzio breed in the bridge and a esp pick up in the neck. Anyway well worth the money and sounds great.
yeah the problem with those biyangs is teh reliability (and teh switches seem to be the weak link). they sound pretty good (haven't tried the one you have), but they tend to break for no reason
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah the problem with those biyangs is teh reliability (and teh switches seem to be the weak link). they sound pretty good (haven't tried the one you have), but they tend to break for no reason

Which one did you have that broke?
teh od, phaser and fuzz (yeah they all broke teh replacement phaser is dodgy too... so you can understand why i'm a bit iffy on their reliability )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?