Hi All,

Thinking of getting on of these pedals - Yes I know there is a wait list of over 12 mths.
Was wondering if its worth the wait list ?

I do like the idea of having 2 overdrives in one pedal. Maybe rather than wait over 12 mths there might be a better choice out there - either another dual overdrive pedal or maybe 2 high quality overdrive pedals. I want to have one side set to a low-mid gain and the other set to more high gain. The option to use both sides at the same time would be cool - as in in I could use one side for my main sound and flick the other on for leads.

Any thoughts on the KOT or any other suitable pedals very much appreciated.

Cost is not an issue - I want quality. I play everything from Stones to Foo Fighters.
Last edited by Tiger17 at Dec 19, 2011,
You can get on the wait list with no obligation. Might as well. It's a pretty cool pedal, I owned one for a while. Personally, it's not the best OD I've ever heard but it's certainly nice. It sounds like a pedal, i.e. artificial highs. There isn't much output so if you're using high output pickups, it might not even hit unity volume. Definitely some flaws. Nicely built though and if all you want is a bit of extra grit in front of a dirty amp, it's really nice.

If cost isn't an issue, look into the Himmelstrutz Fetto and Kingsley Minstrel. Both shit all over the KoT IMO. If you need dual channel, the Kingsley Jouster is excellent.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Thanks for the input. Might go ahead and at least get on the waiting list - if I come across something I like in the meantime I dont have to buy the KOT.

Havent heard of Kingsley pedals - but will have a look at them.

Any thoughts on the overdrive pedals from Wampler or JHS ?
JHS is just expensive clones of cheaper pedals. Wamplers are supposed to be real nice, never played one though. The Fetto and Minstrel are really tough to beat though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
JHS is just expensive clones of cheaper pedals. Wamplers are supposed to be real nice, never played one though. The Fetto and Minstrel are really tough to beat though.

Wampler makes some good stuff. I just sold my pinnacle the other day. It had some tube like characteristics, but it could only do so much. I haven't owned a KOT, but the ARDX 20 delay is really nice.