my rig is soon to be a diezel vh4 with 2 4x12 cabs on either side of the stage. I was wondering if there is anything safe I can use or do to effectively cut the signal going to either one of the cabs. I basically want to be able to cut one side of the stage sometimes to sound like one guitar, and do panning effects and what not. any ideas?
Completely not an answer at ALL...

But stereo delay, tremolo and the like sounds freaking awesome with such a rig!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
My rig had two heads and two cabs so it was easier. I used a pod xt live and had two patches set specifically for each side and then one patch set down the middle. So patch A was panned hard left, patch B was center, and C was hard right. Worked great. I guess that doesn't help.... unless you buy TWO diezels!
No, you need two amps for that. The VH4S could do it by cutting the signal in one of the FX loops if you haven't already bought the VH4 though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Offworld92
I belive Radial makes a pedal that can let you do that.

http://www.tonebone.com/tb-cabbone.htm

I just looked that up myself out of curiosity and it looks like with the cabbone - you can only have one cab going at once. Running stereo would be problematic.
wouldn't the load change between one cab and two cabs? you cant change impedence on the head like that on the fly.

radial eng probably has something as mentioned.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I vote two diezels...

Edit: and then have diezel custom make an ABY switch and then tell me how much your rig cost.
Last edited by Maximo33 at Dec 20, 2011,