Hello again Pit.

I want to form a band, and have found a guitarist who is also my friend. Sadly, his guitar skills are not up to par with well anything. He can play Over My Head by Sum 41 though and that's basically it, to give you an idea. He doesn't want to solo, so is happy with rhythm. Should I take him under my wing and help him evolve into a better guitarist? Or not take him into my band?
It really depends on how serious you are with your band and what you play.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Stop being a dick and help him out, and take it to bandleading.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Force choke. Make him disappear. Do it, young one.
Be bad. Get bitches.
Take him under your wing, then when he gets to be good, kick him out and tell him to stop mooching.
you're a stone fox
I will be honest with you. Kick him out. It will really hurt. I kicked my best friend out of my band and I still feel bad about it, but we're still best friends. Like my old wrestling coach said, "I fired my own mother 10 years ago because she wasn't doing her job. She's still my mama and she still loves me"
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
... I like the "Rape him into submission" idea.

So yeah, do that.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Take him under your wing. Mold him into your little guitar machine. Steal all his bitches.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412