I just sold to a dude my Landmine distortion pedal, and he wants his money back. We met in a cafe, he checked it, tweaked the knobs, bought it without testing with a guitar, and wants to return in on a sole reason of it not suiting his taste. Should I return him his money? I really don't think I need to, because tone is subjective and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the pedal. It's just that he doesn't like how it sounds after playing it through his amp. Returning him the money seems like demanding for a refund after eating a meal. And besides, I never did state that it was refundable in my thread.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Haha, that's really interesting man because I just sold to a dude my Landmine distortion pedal, and he wants his money back. We met in a cafe, he checked it, tweaked the knobs, bought it without testing with a guitar, and wants to return in on a sole reason of it not suiting his taste. Should I return him his money? I really don't think I need to, because tone is subjective and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the pedal. It's just that he doesn't like how it sounds after playing it through his amp. Returning him the money seems like demanding for a refund after eating a meal. And besides, I never did state that it was refundable in my thread.
no reason to if it works, he shoulda known what he was buying. no reason to feel guilty about him making the bad choice.
Nope. Definitely not if it works properly. It's his fault that he bought without trying out the pedal or at least doing his homework online about it.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Did he say: can I return this if I don't like it after I go home and test it out? Or did he simply buy it without thinking?
Yeah, I guess I won't return him his money. I'm just worried if he makes it a big issue in the forum I advertised it in. And I need the money too.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
tell him he's a slut and no, he cant have his shitty money back.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Did he say: can I return this if I don't like it after I go home and test it out? Or did he simply buy it without thinking?

All he said was I'll return this if there's anything wrong with it. But there's nothing wrong with it! He just doesn't agree with how it sounds. Besides, it's not his decision to demand for a return if I don't agree at first.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
All he said was I'll return this if there's anything wrong with it. But there's nothing wrong with it! He just doesn't agree with how it sounds. Besides, it's not his decision to demand for a return if I don't agree at first.

I believe it sucks for him, but he shouldn't have purchased a pedal with that kind of mindset. It's a learning lesson. As long as he's over 18, otherwise youl be hearing from his mom
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I believe it sucks for him, but he shouldn't have purchased a pedal with that kind of mindset. It's a learning lesson. As long as he's over 18, otherwise youl be hearing from his mom

He's definitely over 18, he's even older than me. He's a working man.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
You know ,theres nothing wrong with the pedal , the guy didnt get ripped off(at least to my knoledge) so don't feel guilty ,Its up to him to sell it to somebode else or learn to like its sound
Tell him he can have the money back if he pries it from your cold dead fingers. That is, if you had not already spent it.
Nah, right after I received the money, I went straight to the bank. Imma good kid.

What if after I told him that he can't have a refund because it's not spoiled, he damages it on purpose? Honestly, you can never know if he would do that.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
You shoulda just sold it as is.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Broken-pick
Nah, right after I received the money, I went straight to the bank. Imma good kid.

What if after I told him that he can't have a refund because it's not spoiled, he damages it on purpose? Honestly, you can never know if he would do that.

Then you tell him he's shit out of luck. he bought the peddle without demanding to try it out, so he takes the burden of responsibility. I'm assuming that he told you everything was functional through a website, and that you have that in writing? If not, get him to say nothing is wrong with it, in writing, and document it so he can't jew you like that.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
did he have an opportunity to try it on a guitar and amp?

if you met in a cafe and there was no real way for him to check out the sound then you'd be a bit of a dick to flat out refuse a refund.

If he did have a chance and refused, then that's his fault then.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
If he messaged you through the forum for a refund he's a jackass.

QFT.

I've been in a similar situation, except I'm the one who didn't like the pedal initially. Ordered a 78 IC Muff from an English bloke and wasn't exactly sure of what I wanted(tone-wise). It's been about a year now and I would've been slamming my head to a desk repeatedly if I sold/returned my pedal.
If it was working, his loss. Buyer beware and all. Never buy gear without testing first.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Tough shit on his end. You don't go around buying shit from people on forums and then demanding a refund.
the miracle of private sales, you could have sold him a dog shit in a box and he'd have no comeback on it.

want the option of refunds? buy from a store
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
So tempted to make a mirror thread, but OT, you don't owe him shit, FHL for not doing his homework and testing the tone before he bought it, what kind of dickhead does that?
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Feck him, if he didn't hear it through his amp before he bought it, or any other amp for that matter, tough shit to him. He's the eejit who bought it not knowing what it sounded like.
7>6!
Schecter Diamond Demon 7
Washburn WG587
Blackstar HT-40 Combo
Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby 95q
Boss NS-2
-DSD-3
Digitech Whammy
-DL4
My sig got smaller! I hate this recession...
Tell him you don't like his money after spending at and you want your pedal back.

also, pedal, NOT peddle.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Tell him to **** off.

If he wants to play this return pedal for free game he can go shop at guitar center and try out all the pedals he wants.

This is why, if you ever do selling on craigs list, you never ever use your home at a meeting spot. No telling what an idiot like that would be willing to do.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Dec 20, 2011,
Quote by Broken-pick

Then he'll have to keep it, if you buy anything in a store and spoil it before attempting to take it back for a refund, you'll be refused as they will not accept goods that you have spoiled.
Quote by bry0n
Tell him you don't like his money after spending at and you want your pedal back.

also, pedal, NOT peddle.

**** you. I ride my distortion peddle all day long. People look at me and say, "Dude, your bicycle's making weird noises!" But I know deep inside that they're just tone-deaf, and I'm making fantastic metal music.

@TS Why don't you try asking the forum on which you bought it? Without any context, we won't be able to know the policies and such on sale within that forum, and all you're going to hear from the Pit is that the guy is ****ed.
Tell him you're not a shop.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Return his money plus 15% for emotional damage, poor guy :/
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
No refund. No.
Hell he could switch it with another busted one and do you in.
No.
Regardless, it's a private sale. If there's nothing wrong with it, it's his now.
No.
Are you Wal-Mart? No.

TL;DR:
No.
Smile when you say that.
Quote by BillyRamone
No refund. No.
Hell he could switch it with another busted one and do you in.
No.
Regardless, it's a private sale. If there's nothing wrong with it, it's his now.
No.
Are you Wal-Mart? No.

TL;DR:
No.

Don't follow his advice, this guy clearly has no feelings ;_;
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
Don't follow his advice, this guy clearly has no feelings ;_;

Smile when you say that.

TS, don't give him his money back.
Smile when you say that.
Im on the look out for mirror thread.

OT:Without explicitly stating that there is a no refund policy, i believe you're required to give him his money back. Exactly how long has he had it?
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!