Recently got myself a Gibson SG Angus young Sig model, with the 57 neck pick up and the Angus Young humbucker in the bridge. Its a great sounding guitar but when I change over to the dist channel or dist stomp at band practices it feedback's like a bitch, its shocking, have to pretty much turn the volume on the guitar down to about 2 or 3. Any one else had any experiences with the Angus humbucker, im really considering taking it out and putting a Dimarzio super distortion in there, have one in my Mex strat and i cant rate it highly enough, any one else put one in an SG,? opinions?experiences? Cheers
The Angus Young pickup is way lower output than the Super - the pickup isn't the problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Learn to control the damn guitar then. When you're not playing it'll start to feedback, at that point you roll down the volume knob. When you want to play again, roll it back up, while you're playing it won't feedback.

It's what most guitarists do live.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
If your using a stompbox distortion then just turn it off when your not playing. If you really want you can get a noise suppressor or something.
What size of room are you practicing in?
My rig will feed back in my studio, er uhm, I mean garage, but at a gig it's fine. In my case it's just a lot of noise in a small room, and using OD or Distortion makes it worse.... Might not be the pickups at all..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Practice in a pretty smalll space but haven't had the same prob with my other guitars (one with super dist pup and the other with a SD sh-4). Obvisouly I turn the guitar down when im not playing, but if
im letting notes or chords ring out, its squelling and feedbacking straight away. Might have to test her out in a bigger practice space
Quote by smouch3
Practice in a pretty smalll space but haven't had the same prob with my other guitars (one with super dist pup and the other with a SD sh-4). Obvisouly I turn the guitar down when im not playing, but if
im letting notes or chords ring out, its squelling and feedbacking straight away. Might have to test her out in a bigger practice space

funny thing with me, is one of my Epi Les Pauls will feed back, but the other won't... Probably not Identical Pups... I'll bet you'll have better luck in a bigger room... I have to turn my amp a funny direction in the garage to stop it... (the drummer hates where I have to aim it.. LOL)
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!