There's lot of pitchiness going on here.

It sounds like you're trying to add performance elements - your own spin on it - before you've mastered the fundamentals (good pitch, tone, and breath control). And it doesn't work that way.

Either that or your ear is just really not very good, because there are some notes where Axl goes up to hit the note and you go down to hit a note instead and it sounds weird. I suspect that this is coming from your lack of confidence of your ability to hit the high note accurately (and missing doesn't feel as bad when you're hitting a lower note).

Work on your fundamentals: singing from your chest and diaphram, hitting the correct pitch with confidence, clear articulation.

And once you've got that down, then you can start to focus on making it yours, the various ways in which you are trying to be expressive with it. But it sounds like you're trying to embellish it before you've got it down, and the result just sounds sloppy.
Quote by HotspurJr
There's lot of pitchiness going on here.

It sounds like you're trying to add performance elements - your own spin on it - before you've mastered the fundamentals (good pitch, tone, and breath control). And it doesn't work that way.

Either that or your ear is just really not very good, because there are some notes where Axl goes up to hit the note and you go down to hit a note instead and it sounds weird. I suspect that this is coming from your lack of confidence of your ability to hit the high note accurately (and missing doesn't feel as bad when you're hitting a lower note).

Work on your fundamentals: singing from your chest and diaphram, hitting the correct pitch with confidence, clear articulation.

And once you've got that down, then you can start to focus on making it yours, the various ways in which you are trying to be expressive with it. But it sounds like you're trying to embellish it before you've got it down, and the result just sounds sloppy.

Thanks for the detailed response i know iv still got a ways to go i only started singing a few months ago and pitch is something il be mainly focusing on from now on