Sides: Spalted Maple
Bridge: Rosewood
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Tuners: Gold
Rosette: Abalone Ring
Inlays: Block MOP and Abalone
Finishes: Gloss Natural

Option 2

Faith FVL Venus left handed - £499 (reduced from £650)

NATURAL SERIES SPECIFICATION
Top Wood Solid Engelmann Spruce
Back Wood Solid Mahogany
Side Wood Solid Mahogany
Binding Solid Rosewood
Bracing Quarter-Sawn Spruce
Rosette 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
Neck Mahogany
Neck Finish Satin
Neck Joint PJE Bolt-On Design
Fingerboard Macassan Figured Ebony
Fingerboard Radius 16"
Fingerboard Inlays M.O.Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
Machine Head Grover Rotomatic Gold
Nut / Saddle TUSQ
Nut Width / Bridge Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
Bridge Macassan Figured Ebony
Bridge Pins Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
Strings D'addario EXP11 (12-53)
Finish Type Gloss Top / Satin Back & Sides
Pickup / Preamp (Electro models only) Shadow Nanoflex II Pickup / SH863 Preamp

I have tried the Takamine guitar and i was pleased with it. It seemed to have a really bright sound but no overly bassy. I'm travelling on Friday to try the Faith guitar. I don't know alot about acoustic guitar materials. Could people point me in the direction as to which guitar has the better build?
Last edited by pa182 at Dec 21, 2011,
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/wood.htm

I find this quite helpful regarding woods.
On paper, both of these seem pretty good although the Faith looks better to me on account of its mahogany body (I looooove mahogany), the ebony fingerboard (which people seem to either love or hate) and the pickup. Granted I've never come across Faith before.
Takamine, on the other hand, I'm a bit more familiar with. They're good guitars IMO. My friend and I both own one each and they have great tones, solid bodies and are well tuned.
But it's up to you to check out each one, see what sound and feel you like, assess how well they are constructed and pick one. Again, on paper the seem pretty good to me and no matter which one you go for I can't see you being disappointed somehow.
/thatsmy2cents
I used to have the 12 string version of the Takamine & loved it. Of all the guitars I've sold over the years, that's the only one I regret getting rid of.

Get that one & you won't be disappointed.

Can't comment on the other, I've never played one.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thanks guys. I forgot to include the prices I have now edited the first post to include prices.

I will be trying the Faith guitar tomorrow. I will be honest and say that I think specification wise, the Faith guitar seems to be better. I will know more when I try it.

Haggling. What would be a good amount to haggle off these guitars? Do I aim for a percentage of the value after i include a hard case?
I'm not sure what things are like up where you are, but the guys at the music stores here are quite happy to oblige when it comes to discounts/deals etc. I've become quite friendly with one of the main guys at my one local music store to the extent that I just walk in and he says, "Hey man! I've got something here that you might like!". Too, I'm often told, "Oh it's like <price>, but I can give you a deal on it for <lower price>."
Staff usually get discounts, so you may be able to get a staff member to buy it for you and then you buy it from them at the discounted price.
I suppose if you don't ask, you don't get. Try you luck.
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
I'm not sure what things are like up where you are, but the guys at the music stores here are quite happy to oblige when it comes to discounts/deals etc. I've become quite friendly with one of the main guys at my one local music store to the extent that I just walk in and he says, "Hey man! I've got something here that you might like!". Too, I'm often told, "Oh it's like <price>, but I can give you a deal on it for <lower price>."
Staff usually get discounts, so you may be able to get a staff member to buy it for you and then you buy it from them at the discounted price.
I suppose if you don't ask, you don't get. Try you luck.

I'm going a bit off-topic here but I need to vent out. In Santiago it's basically a monopoly. There's the HUGE Audiomusica (which owns about three other stores) and has the biggest offer. Their prices are obviously the same across all stores and I've actually had employees denying me a 3% discount while paying with cash. (I'm actually quite a good haggler, too!)

The other stores all have the same one or two brands and even though they usually give a much better service their selection cannot even begin to compare to these assholes'.
I also have the 12 string version cedar and wouldn't part with it. Hey its not a bad decision to have to make or you could buy both. Cheers
I wish i could buy both! 1 day to go now!!!

Any more recommendations or input from anyone else on these two guitars?
i've tried the righty version of the tak - actually probably over 20 of it. it is a bit dead sounding in the lower end, although i found it a fun guitar. i've never seen a faith where i live, although i've heard good things. the faith is all solid, which is a plus, while the tak has laminated wood (basically plywood) back and sides.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!