by fair priced do you mean in terms of the boutique market or in general, cos there isn't a single affordable boutique mark in the business. hence its called boutique
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
by fair priced do you mean in terms of the boutique market or in general, cos there isn't a single affordable boutique mark in the business. hence its called boutique

+1
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by shredftw

That's BS. Baron and Fuchs would like to have a word with you.

As far as John Mayer tones go, Fuchs ODS or Ceriatone Overtone Special will get closer than those Fenders.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Buy an old Fender and send it to Fuchs.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by shredftw

ValveTrain

if you don't mind having an 1x8 combo check out the Matamp Spirit
http://www.moogaudio.com/matamp-spirit-1x8-combo-p-3169.html
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Last edited by Shayne777 at Dec 20, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
budget?

+1
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
is this just for home use or do you play with a drummer ever?

new or used?

what part of earth's global market are you searching in?

etc...

we need this info or we are just pissing in the wind here bro.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Raijouta
That's BS. Baron and Fuchs would like to have a word with you.

As far as John Mayer tones go, Fuchs ODS or Ceriatone Overtone Special will get closer than those Fenders.

Those are like 3,000 dollar amps.. I might as well be buying a Two Rock JM Sig.
Quote by gregs1020
is this just for home use or do you play with a drummer ever?

new or used?

what part of earth's global market are you searching in?

etc...

we need this info or we are just pissing in the wind here bro.

Lol! I'm in the U.S., New or used doesn't matter just looking for tone from cheap, low wattage if possible that really doesn't make a difference either I can play as loud as I want, I have brown hair, brown eyes, I'm 5'10..
Quote by Sn0wM1s3r
Those are like 3,000 dollar amps.. I might as well be buying a Two Rock JM Sig.

No, you can have a Baron for about 1.5k these days or even less. Hell, Dave will custom build you a Baron Snot Watt for $600.

As for Fuchs, a Fuchs ODS can be had for about a grand, or even less if you send in a Fender for him to modify to ODS specs. Ceriatones are about a grand assembled as well.

The Two-Rock JM Sig is also like six grand, not 3.

For $500, about the best you're going to get will be the Fenders you mentioned, or perhaps also the Bugera V22/V55.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
find a used princeton reverb and call it a day.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
lolski $500 to get the same tone as a $6000 amp. start reading, learn to build amps, get your hands on specs and build one yourself. other then that, no you aren't getting a boutique amp. Get one of the fenders.
Quote by joe_k
lolski $500 to get the same tone as a $6000 amp. start reading, learn to build amps, get your hands on specs and build one yourself. other then that, no you aren't getting a boutique amp. Get one of the fenders.

Even if you knew how to build an amp, I doubt you could do a Two-Rock with $500.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by joe_k

I'm looking for an identical tone just close enough. I am considering getting a Hot Rod Deluxe. I was just curious to see if there were any affordable combos or heads out there that I just don't know about.. Lol, that's all. I'm not trying to find a poor man's Two Rock. Just a nice amp with the similar qualities.
Last edited by Sn0wM1s3r at Dec 20, 2011,
I hear the dumble overdrive special does a pretty good two rock impression.
Should be right in your budget too.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I hear the dumble overdrive special does a pretty good two rock impression.
Should be right in your budget too.

HAHA... -_- No.
Quote by Sn0wM1s3r
TOP THREE RECOMMENDED.

Top three recommended by who? I'm not sure any of those are right.

I'm sorry people may have come across as condescending or sarcastic but you mention boutique in an OP with no budget ......you are kind of asking for it. Therefore you didn't really get greatest suggestions. We are not here to stalk you. Your thread is just one of hundreds right now so the more you give us, the more we can help you.

I recommend the Bugera V22 like Raijouta did.
Quote by Raijouta
No, you can have a Baron for about 1.5k these days or even less. Hell, Dave will custom build you a Baron Snot Watt for $600.

As for Fuchs, a Fuchs ODS can be had for about a grand, or even less if you send in a Fender for him to modify to ODS specs. Ceriatones are about a grand assembled as well.

The Two-Rock JM Sig is also like six grand, not 3.

For $500, about the best you're going to get will be the Fenders you mentioned, or perhaps also the Bugera V22/V55.

Looks like I swayed someone opinion more toward Baron since being on this forum.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
Looks like I swayed someone opinion more toward Baron since being on this forum.

Sheeeit, I've been digging Baron since you first got the K88, I just can't afford one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I have a Hot Rod Deluxe and I can get pretty close to his tone with it. Swapping out the cheap stock valves really brings the amp to life as well.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.