hey,

i have a little problem here.
on many vids on youtube they are talking about 'distortion', but i cant seem to find a button that chances the sound that way. maybe there is no distortion on my amp?? explenation?

plz help

(sorry for bad english)
Not every amp have the "distortion mode", (mine doesn't have, but it is basically "crap in a box").
If your amp doesn't have distortion you will need a distortion pedal, to connect between your guitar and the amp.

But check your amp again... on some amps the distortion is named differently (like boot or overdrive, or crunch or whatever...).

But, chances are, your amp has no distortion... so go out and buy a pedal.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Why would someone make an amp with no possibility for distortion? I can understand an absence of a clean channel, but distortion?? Jesus.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

it's also called gain/overdrive, but overdrive doesn't always have the same effect. A distortion pedal can also be used if your amp doesn't have gain/distortion.
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Why would someone make an amp with no possibility for distortion? I can understand an absence of a clean channel, but distortion?? Jesus.

Not sure if serious
Quote by StrykVladzimsky

Yes, because every guitar player in the world plays with distortion
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
UPDATE:

amp = fender mustang I type PR824, not sure if that is the officiall name though.

there is though a input for FTSW (footswitch?/padal?)

there gain but that doesnt chance the sound the way i want it.
Bad joke, sorry
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

well not everyone wants distortion, for instance a fusion player probably would want a smooth tone as opposed to a distorted grungy sound
Quote by steven seagull
Yes, because every real guitar player in the world plays with distortion

Fixed
It's spelled wiener.
I personally hate the sound of most amp distortion, anyway. Pedals usually sound much nicer, in my opinion.
Quote by rocklee1431
Wow, these all suck. Except for the Moth Whisperer over there.

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
Quote by AtomicBirdy
Fixed

meh, warned
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com