Hey guys,

So recently I've got my ISP Decimator (which is an incredible pedal by the way) and now I'm looking for a good crunchy overdrive pedal to give me that extra little kick. I bought a Boss Metalcore ML-2 awhile back and I don't really like it because it's not crunchy enough for me and way to high end with too much gain.

The thing is I'm not very good with pedals and I don't want to end up buying something like the ML-2 again so I was wondering what you guys would recommend?

I've got a Peavey ValveKing and at the moment it's got tonnes of crunch and drive but I feel it needs some more distortion.

Cheers
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
if you're using the amps tube distortion then an overdrive or a tube screamer pedal would probably boost it enough for you
+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by callumbloodpuke
if you're using the amps tube distortion then an overdrive or a tube screamer pedal would probably boost it enough for you

+2. overdriving ur amps already dirty signal will keep the tone of the amp and just use a pedal to boost that. drop something like an OCD if u want more gain out of it or something like a zakk wylde OD for more of a boost. i'd try the wylde OD first because it's less expensive and makes for a really nice boost/mild overdrive