My hands and fingers get "cold" pretty easy. The temperature must be perfect, if not it is hard for me to play good!

Does anyone else have this problem? Because I have to have really warm hands/fingers to play good and I can't manage to play good guitar in a cold room. This really bothers me.

Thouhgts?
Have you experienced it?
What to do?
Yeah, it's freezing in my house and I can barely play.

I usually use fingerless gloves, but they're upstairs and I'm too cold to move from this spot.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Get a little portable heater and put it somewhere aimed close to, but not at, your hands. It'll warm them without making them sweat.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Yeah, I think it's natural. When it's cold my fretting fingers get really clumsy and slow.
I actually like playing with my fingers cold as ice, it relaxes the tendons and makes the movements mechanical.
We used to jam in a old barn, pretty cool, but in the winter it was freezing, rythem was fine but trying to solo was quite hard with the strings like ice!
I live and record in a basement. I'm dreading the fact that I'm about to end up having to record solos and leads in January/February. I'm gonna have to try fingerless gloves.
If my hands get too cold, I do some light curls, or squeeze and release my capo repeatedly. Gets the blood flowing, and the muscles working, so the movement is really easy. But, if you try this, don't wear yourself out or your playing will be less accurate.
Quote by Metal-pro
My hands and fingers get "cold" pretty easy. The temperature must be perfect, if not it is hard for me to play good!

Does anyone else have this problem? Because I have to have really warm hands/fingers to play good and I can't manage to play good guitar in a cold room. This really bothers me.

Thouhgts?
Have you experienced it?
What to do?

Well of course, it's like any muscle. You need to warm them up before you play anything intensive [good, and not sloppy/slow].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Yeah I know what you mean. I was busking yesterday and it was quite cold. I could only strum chords otherwise my fingers were way too clumsy :P
Try playing bass or classical in the cold :-(

you just have to warm your hands up and learn to adapt
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Yup, thanks again for the response. But if you are going to play a gig, that may be a problem? o.O
Physical Warm-ups, Washing hands with cold water, Guitar Warmup, Friction, Blowing on hands.

I could keep going.
It triggers a reaction in your body to circulate blood to that area. If you have Reynaud's Syndrome then it isn't so good an idea.
Quote by tappooh
Could you elaborate on that? I always did the opposite...

if your entire body was cold and you were suddenly placed in a hot bath, there's a possibility your body could end up going into shock.

basically it's the same concept, just on a much smaller scale, since we're only talking about fingers. it's got something to do with the danger of sending cold blood back to the vital organs. maybe there's a pre-med major on here who could do a better job explaining it than i can.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by Hail
Try playing bass or classical in the cold :-(

you just have to warm your hands up and learn to adapt

Try playing classical inspired bass in a barn in the cold... That was hard... probably worse for our keyboard player though...
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Blood circulation is almost the only issue with cold extremities. That said, caffeine and nicotine are two of the worst vaso constrictors around. Jus' sayin', lay off the smokes and coffee before you play.

You could ask your doctor if there is a safe vaso dilator you could take before you play.

Adrenalin is one of the best, and it's free, just as long as you take the time to warm up.

On a lighter note, perhaps that's what Pete Townshend was doing with the windmills, trying to increase blood flow to his hands.......
3-5 minutes of warm water + 30 - 45 minutes of hand exercies = warmed up hands in any temperature.
That's happening to me a lot. I have to warm up for about 20mins so my hand gets in the level. Massaging your fingers also works(if you have no freaking idea how to, check John Petrucci's rock discipline on youtube.
Have the same problem, put your hands in your undies it's usually warm in there.
Or anywhere else underneath your clothes. It takes some guts to do it, like jumping into icy water.
"Yeees I am your god!" John Petrucci, Phsyco excercises