I smell a fake.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
I smell a fake.

possibly
but once in a blue moon you'll see people put gear up for an incredible steal

i've seen some really good deals because people were desperate for some christmas cash

I jumped on a 400$ prs, but i wish i had waited until this popped up
Quote by mike_oxbig
possibly

i've seen some really good deals because people were desperate for some christmas cash

but $500 for a Jem is too cheap. even if it's for a quick sale. I'm quite suspicious.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
My experience with fakes is that they don't leave phone numbers, unless they genuinely don't know it's a fake.

But if they didn't know it was a fake they'd still be selling it for more

I dunno...his other ads all seem like more than fair deals too
maybe he just needs a couple bucks
all kinds of stupid people will sell fakes, on every site imaginable.

when someone posts a "i wish i had $500" thread about a guitar, some people immediately think the TS is the seller and get suspicious.

conversely if he is selling a fake, you are helping him.

if it's legit, he needs cash and/or there exists the possibility that there is something wrong with the guitar anyway that isn't disclosed.

also, there is a craigslist thread for stuff like this. which is where this post should be anyway.

good luck with the sale/purchase/GAS attack!

also, deals more epic than that have come up quite a bit. people buy plexi's for $150, original 80's tubescreamers for $75, Gibson Les Paul studios for $350. $500 seems high by comparison.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 20, 2011,
Ah i didn't know about the craigslist thread

And it's not my ad...that'd be on my keep list for sure, you'd never see it up for sale.

It's not fair that this was posted when i'm balls deep in christmas expenses
maybe its stolen?
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by gregs1020
also, deals more epic than that have come up quite a bit. people buy plexi's for $150, original 80's tubescreamers for $75, Gibson Les Paul studios for $350. $500 seems high by comparison.

Not in my town

People try to sell epiphone les paul standards here for 500$
just the guitar, they want extra for the gig bag
this place is retarded like that
Quote by mike_oxbig
possibly

i'd say you made the better decision. Even if the prs is a CE (not SE) you came out the victor. You can't get ANY prs where i'm from, including CE models, for less than 900 unless they're really ****ed up.
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
the guy is from Gloucester, that's why
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i think you're backwards, the SE models are the cheaper ones. which is what I bought.

I love the PRS, don't get me wrong, but just the sheer resale value of the jem would have made it a better purchase. I could have sold it for a more reasonable price and bought 3 of my guitars.

Quote by Acϵ♠
the guy is from Gloucester, that's why

it is kinda curious how someone who lives in the shit-hole of ottawa ended up with a 3000$ guitar, isn't it
Last edited by mike_oxbig at Dec 20, 2011,
Quote by mike_oxbig
i think you're backwards, the SE models are the cheaper ones. which is what I bought.

I love the PRS, don't get me wrong, but just the sheer resale value of the jem would have made it a better purchase. I could have sold it for a more reasonable price and bought 3 of my guitars.

it is kinda curious how someone who lives in the shit-hole of ottawa ended up with a 3000$ guitar, isn't it

no no, i meant it the way I put it. I was saying that i wasn't bringing se models into this discussion because they are not generally though to be instruments of the same caliber as any US production PRS or Ibanez Jem. But i brought up the CE models because they were the least expensive of the US PRS production lines
Oh i get what you meant now

Yeah I didn't even end up with a usa prs. you just don't see stuff like that around here. getting an SE for half off of retail is considered a steal around these parts. People think buying guitars are like buying savings bonds in the sense that they should be worth more when you go to cash out of them.
Quote by mike_oxbig
Oh i get what you meant now

Yeah I didn't even end up with a usa prs. you just don't see stuff like that around here. getting an SE for half off of retail is considered a steal around these parts. People think buying guitars are like buying savings bonds in the sense that they should be worth more when you go to cash out of them.

what model did you end up buying?
soapbar ii

looking at the specs it seems be a bit nicer than many of the other SE models. it has a solid mahogany body and mahogany neck, at least.
Either:

- Clever adbot
- The seller being retarded and TS is laughing at him
- TS is the seller and wants someone to buy this.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
i wouldn't be making much money if i was an adbot
I'm more facepalming because i can't buy it myself than I am laughing at him
and I wouldn't need to promote the guitar any further if i was the seller. I have no doubts it will be gone within a couple hours.
Yea, **** buying gear in Ottawa. People always asking way too much, gotten a few steals though (not gonna lie, I haggle like a bitch).
It's hard to get people to even haggle in ottawa

people are all like "omg, you offered me 200$ for an epiphone SG, you lowballer! i hate lowballers! didn't you see the no lowballers part of the ad?"

when realistically the lowballers are just offering reasonable prices

Granted there are assholes that lowball any price...but they're easy to ignore.
I've noticed a similar problem with bicycles.
70s japanese road bike with low end components: $300 cause its "vintage" and they just wiped it down with a damp cloth and oiled the chain. When really its worth about $50.
This is making me rage now haha
I got one of my emails banned from posting ads on kijiji because I posted this:

Welcome to Ottawa Kijiji. I see you're about to sell a guitar! Here are some tips for fitting in:

1) Never ask for less than what the guitar cost brand new. Who cares if you're trying to sell an epiphone that only cost 350$ from steves, throw a 400$ price on that mofo and let the good times roll. After all, you put new strings on it. That's an upgrade.

2) Claiming that you're "sad to see it go" totally justifies upping the price beyond reasonable market value.

3) Claim that your factory produced guitar is rare. use caps locks. now it's RARE. Now that you've established that your mass produced guitar is RARE it can be sold for much more.

4) Chips, dents and scratches be damned, mint condition is just a figure of speech anyways.

5) Always offer to trade for something worth way more than what you own. After all what are the chances of someone who owns a 2000$ guitar realizing that trading for your MIM is a crap deal even though you're including a strap and gig bag.

6) Make sure you put "no lowballers" on your ad because heaven forbid someone offer you less than 80% of the retail value of your used guitar. Don't these people realize that aside from the 10$ off sticker price, they're also saving the tax? Ungrateful jerks.

7) Delete and repost your ad as many times as necessary to make sure your ad stays on the first couple pages for months and months.

8) Never leave a phone number.

Thank you for choosing Kijiji!

but it was worth it
Hahaha
That's great.

I've also noticed people who buy 400 of something when it's on sale, then they try to sell it at full price. But I guess its not that bad, cause after all, YOU SAVE THE TAX! ZOMG!
Quote by mike_oxbig
I got one of my emails banned from posting ads on kijiji because I posted this:

but it was worth it

That's hilarious... I seriously want to repost this on Calgary Kijiji.

And for some reason I see the SG Epiphone you mentioned up for ~$350 all the time. Where are people buying this guitar to think this it is work double used?
hahaha i know right. all those dumbasses trying to sell beats by dr dre for 200$

I hope they were stuck with a couple boxes full of those things
Quote by cbara
That's hilarious... I seriously want to repost this on Calgary Kijiji.

And for some reason I see the SG Epiphone you mentioned up for ~$350 all the time. Where are people buying this guitar to think this it is work double used?

Feel free, you'll probably get flooded with people giving you a pat on the back

i had over 20 replies from people that were like "i'm glad someone finally said something"
Or when you find an awesome deal, but the guy is in ****ing Kingston? Last time I checked, Kingston isn't Ottawa, it's actually 2 hours away.
Quote by &baconstrips
Or when you find an awesome deal, but the guy is in ****ing Kingston? Last time I checked, Kingston isn't Ottawa, it's actually 2 hours away.

haha yeah. or even better are the people that reply to your for sale ads from kingston, and are like "can you drop 100$ off the price? it's gonna cost me a lot in gas just to go pick it up"

Yeah ok, good logic bud. take it one step further and see if you can get a 200$ ad posted in montreal for free because of your travel expenses.
http://abilene.craigslist.org/msg/2748588749.html This guy here has been trying to sell this thing for a couple of months now. I see these sell for $60 all the time on ebay in mint condition with the box and amp. He wants $225 for the guitar by itself and it has cosmetic damage.
Quote by mike_oxbig
Not in my town

People try to sell epiphone les paul standards here for 500$
just the guitar, they want extra for the gig bag
this place is retarded like that

move where the food is.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.