So recently I've begun doing technical exercises again and I find when I do fast ones with lots of stretching I get a sort of aching/ slight burning in my left wrist.
I figured this was just down to the fact that there's lots of stretching and such which my wrist hasn't done for a long while but I just wanted to make sure that it's not down to bad technique that could cause damage?

I mean, I've been playing for a few years without doing any damage to myself thus far but I just wanted to check, sorry if these type of threads come up often
Not particularly good :S
I get it occasionally as well. Just stretch out before and after playing...straighten out your arm, bend your wrist and pull slightly to stretch. Do this bending your wrist in each direction.
Hope this helps and is the right thing, its just what I find helps
Any sort of pain is good! Builds character!

Now on a real note, no. You should be able to play effortlessly without any tension or pain. Slow it down or work on stretching exercises. Don't force it because it'll screw your wrist up later!

Cheers,
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
It's okay. It's because you muscles are working. Some exercises are desined to boost your left hand muscules strength. My advice is to play this exercises until it begin to hurt. Then play some relaxing stuff like scales or easy solos or maybe chords and then do it one more time. Soon your hand will become much stronger.

btw, could you say what exactly did you play?
Ask your doctor. All other advice here is BS, and pseudo medical, as they don't know you, your circumstances or your diet. Only a medical professional can advise on this.
Quote by Kauk
It's okay. It's because you muscles are working. Some exercises are desined to boost your left hand muscules strength. My advice is to play this exercises until it begin to hurt. Then play some relaxing stuff like scales or easy solos or maybe chords and then do it one more time. Soon your hand will become much stronger.

btw, could you say what exactly did you play?

**** NO, NO NO NO NO. GTFO.

Wrist pain is not okay! it can become pretty serious if you follow stupid advice, has happened to me and others, best case scenario you end up with a light tendonitis, bad case scenario Carpal TUnnel, worst case scenario scar tissue and a screwed wrist.

IF it comes from stretching it is because you are not placing your hand properly, wrist should not bend, especially when doing wide stretches.. tillt the neck up, if you have to put it on your ear so be it, but take care of your tendons mate.
I personally wouldn't recommend doing fast stretchy licks to improve reach. When you're straining for speed and stretching you can very quickly damage the tendons of the hand, especially if your posture is slightly off.

You will feel a little stiffness and ache after stretches but not pain. Don't overpractice stretches - 5/10 mins a day is enough till you find your comfort zone. Don't practice them before warming up a bit.

Make sure your posture is fine - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIZaZthqbg&list=UUbo9n5Y8ojo5Q_4RnqPthvA&index=2&feature=plcp

And don't practice FAST stretches, something like this is much better - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6hzv428lTw&list=UUbo9n5Y8ojo5Q_4RnqPthvA&index=20&feature=plcp