Okay so first of all Hai there!
I'm kinda new here on UG and I hope that I posted this in the right forum.
So I've been searching around a bit here on the forums about the peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo amp, and I was wondering, is it good? I have seen alot of comments that the speaker is rubbish and the sound is muddy, the gain fails and etc etc.
But from many other sites I've heard that it is a realy good amp.

I want to play stuff like Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot and yea you know.... Metal, and I currently play on a old Marshall JCM602 combo.
But I want to have good cleans (Doesn't have to be fender clean, but enough) and heavy distortion. This head version of the amp has gotten alot of good feedback, but the combo just doesn't seem to be that good. Haven't yet tried it myself, going to the week after christmas, but was just going to ask you guys first.
Do you guys think it'll handle my needs?
Do you know any other amp in that price range (around 500£ that would fit me?

Thanks for help!
-Kemo
Look into maybe a Jet City JCA5012c (NOT 5212). It won't do Killswitch/Bullet styled stuff better than the 6505 but it will have far better cleans, and would probably be better for Dream Theater/Slipknot styled sounds. It's also the same exact price as the 6505 112.

Here's the 100w head version of the JCA doing heavy shit and cleans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFCmRUHeKhQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_v9Q-uBPGo
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Ian_the_fox/music/play1056446
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Look into maybe a Jet City JCA5012c (NOT 5212). It won't do Killswitch/Bullet styled stuff better than the 6505 but it will have far better cleans, and would probably be better for Dream Theater/Slipknot styled sounds.

So what you're saying is that it will do the Bullet/Killswitch about as good as the 6505, but it will have better cleans?
Quote by Kemolye
So what you're saying is that it will do the Bullet/Killswitch about as good as the 6505, but it will have better cleans?
It will have better cleans, but will not be as good for Killswitch/Bullet sounds (they both used 6505s in the past). The 5012 will still work great for Bullet/Killswitch, just won't sound as close as the 6505.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
It will have better cleans, but will not be as good for Killswitch/Bullet sounds (they both used 6505s in the past). The 5012 will still work great for Bullet/Killswitch, just won't sound as close as the 6505.

Ah, well just looked up the JCA and the videos you linked sounded realy nice tbh, but sadly they don't sell those in Sweden (where I am from) I could Import one from Germany but it would cost me about 300£ more than the 6505+ from Sweden.