Alright so i went to a guys house and bought a 1998 marshall DSL 100. Now i get back to my house...ok it works fine...i wake up the next morning to go play and no sound....not even hiss from the speaker cab.

someone please tell me whats up

BUT i did find a NON glowing pre amp tube in back is this the problem? all the other tubes glow except for this one pre amp tube.

if re tubing is my answer how is the best way to go about this? in terms of biasing and installing etc..
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
Alright so i went to a guys house and bought a 1998 marshall DSL 100. Now i get back to my house...ok it works fine...i wake up the next morning to go play and no sound....not even hiss from the speaker cab.

someone please tell me whats up

BUT i did find a NON glowing pre amp tube in back is this the problem? all the other tubes glow except for this one pre amp tube.

if re tubing is my answer how is the best way to go about this? in terms of biasing and installing etc..

are you sure it is a preamp tube? they are the smaller one.

i would personally try replacing the burnt out preamp tube, this is something that can be done at home and doesn't require any fancy knowledge (about as complex as screwing in a lighbulb). most likely the tube you need to replace will be a 12ax7, you can find them at guitar shops for ~10 bucks a piece.

if it isn't the preamp tube then take it to a tech. very hard to troubleshoot over the internet
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
EHX and Tung Sol tubes don't light up all that much, sometimes not at all. What brand is the one that isn't lighting up?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Yeah some tubes you have to look hard to see the glow. It's an easy swap and it doesn't hurt to have an extra 12ax7 laying around. If you have an FX loop you can plug some buffer pedal into the FX return and see if the power amp is working. You can also plug the FX send into a mixer or something to see if the preamp is working.