Hello,
I am looking for a new amp with Fender cleans under 600$, i heard great things about these two so now i'm asking you: which one do you prefere?
I'm playing a Fender American Special Telecaster.
I hope you van help me out.

Sven
Blues Junior, no contest.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I'm guessing you play blues, rock and classick rock kind of stuff.
Not sure about the Ibanez, but any Fender, would produce great cleans especially with it being all tube etc, and go great with your Tele.
No one cares.

Blues Junior for sure. I own one and will never get rid of it. I also have posted a link for mods for the Blues Junior. This guy does awesome things to them and is highly regarded as a Junior expert. Most of them you can do yourself, makes a great amp even better

http://billmaudio.com/wp/

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Just between those two? Blues Junior.
Depending on the genres you play though... Information would be greatly appreciated. But if it's blues and blues-rock, then definitely go for the Blues Junior.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Blues Jr.
I've had mine almost 2 years and love it.

Great cleans, real cool bluesish(?) distortion. Also it handles other pedals well
Well i think you really like the blues Jr. but did anyone try the ibanez ? I heard great things about it...
Oh and i just want a good fender-like clean amp where i can build on with pedals under 600$
How is this even a question? BJ all the way.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
How is this even a question? BJ all the way.

+1 what an awesome friggin amp.
I've played many a Fender Blues Jr., and only one Ibanez TSA15H (which I tried out in a store, never the best of conditions) but of those two I'm much fonder of the Blues Jr.

I remember I thought the Ibanez TSA15H "tube screamer" circuit to be particularly uninspiring, and rather gimmicky. However if you are only choosing between these two amps I suggest you try them out and pick whichever appeals to you more.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I had read a review in a Guitar Magazine and it only got a 3 1/2 out of 5. I still wanted to give it a shot to try the Screamer that was on it. I did get to try it and after about 15 minutes of dialing it in I just was not impressed at all. The Blues Junior I bought years ago and had tried several in that price range at the time. While I was trying it out a couple of studio musicians walked in (I live in Nashville near Music Row). One of them has a Tele and says he has one that he uses in the studio mic'ed up and uses it for most of his recordings. The tone from Junior was amazing and hard to believe just a 15w amp. If you can, go try them both out side by side. Take your guitar so you can get a true test of how it will sound with your equipment, then decide which tone suits you. Everyone has a different sweet spot on tone so you could be different.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Ok, i'll try them both but i'm leaning towards the Junior. What version do you prefere? Not all shops have all the versions so i'd really like to know which one is the best for Fender-cleans.
Quote by SvennStar
Ok, i'll try them both but i'm leaning towards the Junior. What version do you prefere? Not all shops have all the versions so i'd really like to know which one is the best for Fender-cleans.

i've played both.

i didn't think the ibanez was all that bad honestly but it depends on what you are going after in terms of tone.

the ibanez didn't have a fender-ish type tone to it. it was good for classic rock type stuff but with an OD pedal in front of the blues jr the bjr blew it away imo. i'm sure some people really like the ibanez somewhere, just not here.

there were different versions of the blues jr over the years. Made in USA's regular and Tweed "NOS" version with the jensen speaker. there were made in Mexico units with both "NOS" and regular styling and a different speaker.

i never noticed a huge difference between the MIA and MIM (USA and Mexico) versions honestly. but the speaker difference was very noticeable to me. it seems the biggest downfall to these amps is the stock "fender" speaker.

another thing to do would be to swap out the pre-amp tube in the V1 position for a 5751. this will tame some of the treble spikey thing going on with the amp and tame it down a bit that way, which is a good thing.

i had a pro jr for a while and the same is true for those. (yes i owned a bjr as well over the years).

again, i believe the big difference with the NOS version and the regular version is just the speaker. so if it's cheaper to buy the regular one and swap out the speaker for something decent that may be the most cost effective route to go. if you can get the "NOS" version with the upgraded speaker cheaper than doing it yourself, then there you go.

but above all else, the vintage tweed has mojo. serious mojo. there exists some channel to the fallen blues and classic rock artists in the great big mojo up in the sky in that amp.

don't piss them off or bad things happen, and we wouldn't want that now would we?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
i've played both.

i didn't think the ibanez was all that bad honestly but it depends on what you are going after in terms of tone.

the ibanez didn't have a fender-ish type tone to it. it was good for classic rock type stuff but with an OD pedal in front of the blues jr the bjr blew it away imo. i'm sure some people really like the ibanez somewhere, just not here.

there were different versions of the blues jr over the years. Made in USA's regular and Tweed "NOS" version with the jensen speaker. there were made in Mexico units with both "NOS" and regular styling and a different speaker.

i never noticed a huge difference between the MIA and MIM (USA and Mexico) versions honestly. but the speaker difference was very noticeable to me. it seems the biggest downfall to these amps is the stock "fender" speaker.

another thing to do would be to swap out the pre-amp tube in the V1 position for a 5751. this will tame some of the treble spikey thing going on with the amp and tame it down a bit that way, which is a good thing.

i had a pro jr for a while and the same is true for those. (yes i owned a bjr as well over the years).

again, i believe the big difference with the NOS version and the regular version is just the speaker. so if it's cheaper to buy the regular one and swap out the speaker for something decent that may be the most cost effective route to go. if you can get the "NOS" version with the upgraded speaker cheaper than doing it yourself, then there you go.

but above all else, the vintage tweed has mojo. serious mojo. there exists some channel to the fallen blues and classic rock artists in the great big mojo up in the sky in that amp.

don't piss them off or bad things happen, and we wouldn't want that now would we?

I'm so confused i opened a thread on the gear page and they say the Ibanez tsa15h has better fender cleans. It's very difficult.
Quote by SvennStar
I'm so confused i opened a thread on the gear page and they say the Ibanez tsa15h has better fender cleans. It's very difficult.

opinions on tgp... ask yourself one question, do you trust lawyers?

hey i'm only going by what my ears told me.
The Ibanez tsa15h has better fender cleans than a BJ? Who said that? An Ibanez salesman?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Haha i'm seeing that you dont like the gear page but yeah, maybe they think the same about ultimate guitar as you think about tgp lol. I'm Switzerland in this situation haha. Back to topic, what version of the Blues jr. has the most beautifull cleans of the bjr. line?
Quote by SvennStar
Haha i'm seeing that you dont like the gear page but yeah, maybe they think the same about ultimate guitar as you think about tgp lol. I'm Switzerland in this situation haha. Back to topic, what version of the Blues jr. has the most beautifull cleans of the bjr. line?

the one that has a swamp thing speaker and a nos 5751 preamp tube in V1.

that one if you are going for cleans.

according to those who know blues juniors like lady gaga knows the bizarre.
Quote by gregs1020
the one that has a swamp thing speaker and a nos 5751 preamp tube in V1.

that one if you are going for cleans.

according to those who know blues juniors like lady gaga knows the bizarre.
Hmm it's hard to get these where i live so i have to get a stock version: Red October, Tweed LTD, standard and the one with the cannabis rex speaker.
Quote by SvennStar
What's the ebst version of the blues jr.?

there is no best. stop with that. it's stupid to even think in those terms.

there is only the best one for you, which isn't the best one for someone else.

Fane (i beleive it's fane i could be wrong) makes a clone of some fenders that are available in the uk and europe i believe.

also i believe the THD special 6 is a champ clone of sorts.
Quote by gregs1020
there is no best. stop with that. it's stupid to even think in those terms.

there is only the best one for you, which isn't the best one for someone else.

Fane (i beleive it's fane i could be wrong) makes a clone of some fenders that are available in the uk and europe i believe.

also i believe the THD special 6 is a champ clone of sorts.
Yeah i know there's no best, erveryone has his own taste but i thought maybe there are overall standouts and dissapointing models.
Quote by SvennStar
Yeah i know there's no best, erveryone has his own taste but i thought maybe there are overall standouts and dissapointing models.

a lot of people think the early MIA blues jrs suffered from design flaws that produces a fair bit of tube rattle. so it's one of those the old ones aren't really the best ones.

the upgraded speaker versions sound better out of the box.

or a reliable cheaper used one and shove your speaker of choice and some decent tubes into.

that's the best i can tell you. of course that's my opinion.