Hey UG,

me and my friend are planning to record some dual covers, and hopefully upload videos of them onto youtube

however, how could we record in the first place?

I've a POD HD300, but with only one guitar input and also a POD GX - is there any way the guitars can be recorded at the same time, or do we have to record the tracks separately ?

thanks

im new to this whole recording thing btw!

thanks
Gear

ESP LTD EC-401
Jackson DK2M
Line 6 POD HD300
If you are planning on using the hd300 on both tracks then looks like you will need to do it separately. Looks like it only has 1 input.
If you are planning on using the hd300 on both tracks then looks like you will need to do it separately. Looks like it only has 1 input.

I dont know how the amp sim works on the hd300 but if you really want to try it, a 1/4 splitter (1/4" male to 2 1/4" female) cable may allow you to put two inputs. Then if the unit allows you, pan one hard left and one hard right and use the xlr stereo output as 2 mono outputs into your interface. Though i dont know if this will work.
Quote by Chaosinborn

I dont know how the amp sim works on the hd300 but if you really want to try it, a 1/4 splitter (1/4" male to 2 1/4" female) cable may allow you to put two inputs. Then if the unit allows you, pan one hard left and one hard right and use the xlr stereo output as 2 mono outputs into your interface. Though i dont know if this will work.

The Y cable will sum the two instruments. There's no way to separate the two, so the above won't work.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.