I have a lower end jackson dinky..its nothing great but I like it...however besides changing pick-ups in it i would like to change the bridge as well..right now it has a fulcrum tremolo..i perfer to have a standard strat type trem or a fixed style bridge would be better... is changing the bridge possible?
these things suck there like a bad water down version of a floyd......
Quote by timmymaines
I have a lower end jackson dinky..its nothing great but I like it...however besides changing pick-ups in it i would like to change the bridge as well..right now it has a fulcrum tremolo..i perfer to have a standard strat type trem or a fixed style bridge would be better... is changing the bridge possible?
these things suck there like a bad water down version of a floyd......

Just how low end is that Dinky? If it's really cheap, buying pickups, a new bridge, etc. might not be a good way to use your money if you're not satisfied with the guitar. You might do better just saving and buying an over-all better guitar used for the same amount of money you're about to invest in that low-end Jackson.

For instance, if you like Jacksons, just spend some time on eBay and wait for a good deal on a used mid-level guitar instead of droping money into a bottom-of-the-line instrument. For example, I just picked up a Jackson WRXT 3-4 days ago in fantastic condition for a measly $177 on eBay...it's a $550 guitar.

If you're dead set on keeping your guitar, changing the bridge can be done, but I think you'll be more satisfied by saving a little more money and buying a better guitar instead.
I agree with everything said above, I will add that you can block the tremolo off with "tremolo-no". Google it. Easy installation. You can still dive bomb.
its a js series its like a 200 dollars guitar...I also have a jackson sdk2 which was made in the mid late 90s which retailed for 700 if i remember right..
Quote by timmymaines
its a js series its like a 200 dollars guitar...I also have a jackson sdk2 which was made in the mid late 90s which retailed for 700 if i remember right..

The amount of money you'll spend "upgrading" that guitar will be as much or more than the cost of the original guitar if you're buying pickups and a bridge. I would just block the bridge if you don't like the trem and save your money for a better guitar...
i have a bunch of pick ups sitting around already..im probley goin to go with the guitar fetish pick upps to check them out..but im curiuos how the parker pickup sounds as well so right now im not to sure..i just wanna know if this bridge can be changed..it has the bushings like the floyd but looks like a strat trem thats where im lost....
Quote by timmymaines
i have a bunch of pick ups sitting around already..im probley goin to go with the guitar fetish pick upps to check them out..but im curiuos how the parker pickup sounds as well so right now im not to sure..i just wanna know if this bridge can be changed..it has the bushings like the floyd but looks like a strat trem thats where im lost....

Of course it can be changed, it's just going to require more work than a $200 guitar is "worth". If you have a bunch of time to burn then go for it, you can plug the whole trem cavity and slap in any kind of hardtail you want...alternatively you could fill the old trem holes by gluing in some dowels and drill some new ones for a strat style trem if that's what you want.

There's no rules about this kind of thing, you just decide to do it and then take the steps you have to take to get the end product you have in mind...it's just a matter of labor and time, and this is the kind of mod I would never do on a cheap guitar, but if you have a ton of time on your hands then go for it.
Dude the JS series is NOT worth improving if you have to pay more then 5 dollars. The necks are the worst in the Jackson line-up.

I had for for parts and pulled the neck off- found sand paper trapped between the neck and the body. All thanks to some Indian worker who was lazy.