Hi all. I'm currently on the look out for some new guitar strings. I need them to be 12 - 52 gauge and could do with being long lasting.

I currently use some company I'm endorsed with but they are not too good so I'm on the look out for some more.

Any ideas what to try?

I mainly play metal and shred stuff so need to be good for that
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Elixers coated are long lasting.
Currently I use Ernie Ball Slinky 9- 42?, 10-46. They last me around 3 months but I dont sweat alot and use string cleaner.
Also use rotosounds 10-46 that come with my bkps, they seem to last just as long.

I've heard all the wire is made in 2 factorys for all string makers and really the only diffs are size, shape and treatments. Verify anyone?

Edit: I have a set of EB's slinky 9-42 on my rg prestige, using dunlop string conditioner they have held up for well over six months. Try dunlop formula 65 cleaning kit, has been great for me.
Last edited by StateFarmsThere at Dec 20, 2011,
I really like Dunlop strings. They feel good, last long, and have some solid low end to them.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/Electric-Guitar-Strings

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/heavy-core-guitar-strings
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
i've heard D'addario and dunlop are good strings and that elixers are good and long lasting, i use earnie balls atm but going to switch to elixers. (nakered and drunk so don't question my spelling please)
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......|
....\__________./
The dunlop look good, how ever they are a slightly wrong gauge, and as I'm used to the ones I have, and its a floating bridge I'm looking to get the right set. Il look at D'addario string sets.
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
When I first started playing, I stuck to EBs. After a while, I decided to try out some other brands. D'addarios were the only ones I can really recalling thinking to myself "Hey, these are kinda nice." Long story short, I'm still using 'em. Good for bending , IMO. Might be trying out some DR DDTs in a bit, as D'addario doesn't make the specific gauge I'm looking at for dropping to C standard.
I personally dont like D'addario, I like my ernie balls.

its all preference OP, you are gonna have to decide what YOU like, and not what WE like.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.