I've recently hit a problem with my song writing. I'm currently writing a pretty standard metalcore song at 150 bpm, which is fine for the generic chugging I'm doing. However I want to shift the tempo up to 180/200 for some pedal note riffs. But every time I do it, it just sounds too forced.

How do you guys deal with tempo changes, be it in heavy music or anything else?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Listen to some Ghost Inside, they do that a lot. Generally its just an abrupt stop and change or let the guitars ring out for a second followed by a tempo changing drum fill then start the new section.
I thought about that but kinda wanted to keep away from that. Though I guess that is one of the easiest ways.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
That looks hard O_O

Quote by DisarmGoliath
you could use metric modulation, or simply write in triplet semiquavers instead of semiquavers to go from 150bpm to 225bpm, or do the maths that I cannot be bothered to do to work out what kind of n-tuplets you'd need to achieve that speed in the guitar part whilst keeping the whole feel of the song at the same tempo. I think that would sound pretty nice to be honest.
Or I could just write it in 225bpm?

How do you work these things out D=

Quote by DisarmGoliath
It's all in the drums. Try a sustained note at the end of the 150BPM & just put some basic couting hi-hats until you get the feeling right.