I'm in the process of scouting models for my first high-level guitar purchase (the one that most interests me right now is the ESP Horizon NT-II). In this, I've come across a few questions

I've come to find white guitars awesome (check the one here, second row second column). I don't find many models that have white available though. How easy/possible is it to buy a guitar in whatever color and repaint it? (assuming I could have a luthier do it) How expensive might this be? Details, such as the logo, would they be "safe"?

How much chance is there of making a "special" order for a company? Say
-Order one of their models but request in a color not originally presented
-Change the neck wood?
How expensive would this be?

I checked the Custom Shop order form for ESP, and it seems the base value for a custom shop model would be U$5,550! Is this right? I knew these things were expensive, but I was thinking like 3k.

Thanks!!
Find your local ESP dealer.

You should be able to order one in white from ESP at an extra cost, but I wouldnt bother changing the neck wood, that would put the cost up stupidly high.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I live in Brazil, where sky high import taxes make it so that there aren't many high-priced guitars around. The only ones they have are the more "standard ones" (i.e. Fender and Gibson and the occasional high-end Ibanez), but even these are ridiculously overpriced.

This means whenever I do buy my next guitar, it will surely be bought in the US.

I'm sure it would cost extra to order it in a different color, but what's "extra"? Is it $50 or like $500?

Haha, dumb me. I meant changing the fingerboard wood, not the neck. I just love ebony ones =P. I'm sure it still wouldn't be easy though haha.

Also, any info about that base price for custom shop anyone?

Thanks!
I think a new paint job would be at least $200, but yeah if you have to custom order one it may be higher. I don't know that ESP do any sort of semi-customs. If you have any local painters/luthiers it might be better to order a regular ESP and then get someone to re-finish it locally.

And changing the fretboard wood would be way more expensive. Although ebony is awesome. xD

PS. From what I've *heard* about custom shop quotes from ESP, they are usually the RRP kind of quotes, and you can generally end up paying maybe 40% less. I heard one guy got a quote for like $12K on one guitar and ended up paying around 8 I believe. But it's still pretty damn expensive. xD
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3

PS. From what I've *heard* about custom shop quotes from ESP, they are usually the RRP kind of quotes, and you can generally end up paying maybe 40% less. I heard one guy got a quote for like $12K on one guitar and ended up paying around 8 I believe. But it's still pretty damn expensive. xD

I'm not sure about ESP, but that's certainly how Jackson/Charvel work. You buy the guitar through a dealer, rather from the manufacturer themselves. Look at standard models and compare what prices the dealer is actually charging to the guitars' list prices. You should get a similar sort of discount off the custom.