I know that adding an extra cab lowers ohms, for example if i were to add a second 12in speaker to my half handsome devil stack i would now have an 8ohm load as both cabinets are 16ohms each. What i am wondering is, does the wattage load change? the 12in speaker has a maximum power load of 75w rms, when i add a second speaker, does that change?

The reason i ask is because i stumbled on a video online where the guy uses 4 10in speakers instead of 1 4x12:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdaGp_yUwxM&feature=plcp&context=C3e02b90UDOEgsToPDskJva_D_8_ZuwFy5mfE6xp8q

the 110's are actually only 30w handling, and the dude is using a 50w amp, is this dude retarted?

More importantly can i use (and now blow up) 2 bh112 cabs with a 100w amp?
the speaker wattages add up.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
the speaker wattages add up.

thnx helps a ton. BTW may be getting that rockerverb sooner than expected i am thinking of going for another bh112 cab for a few months just to keep me appeased and in the new year going for a used orange 2x12
Quote by stratplyr
I know that adding an extra cab lowers ohms, for example if i were to add a second 12in speaker to my half handsome devil stack i would now have an 8ohm load as both cabinets are 16ohms each.

this is correct, but you can find unusual situations where this isn't exactly accurate. a more generalized explanations would be something like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_%26_parallel_circuits

whenever you add extension cabinets (either from the amps output or through daisy chaining) you are inevitably using a parallel circuit to connect the cabinets. i am sure there is an exception, but they will be rare.

Quote by stratplyr
What i am wondering is, does the wattage load change?

i would consider the 'wattage load' as the speakers 'power handling', which is how much energy it can dissipate before it starts burning up or falling apart; or more likely: how much power it can handle until the speaker introduces a certain amount of total harmonic distortion to the output signal.

now that we have identified specifically 'power handling', we can discuss how it works. the output signal of the amplifier is actually spread across the speakers in proportion to 2 attributes:

1) number of speakers in the circuit
2) impedance of the individual speaker

this means that if all the speaker are the same impedance, then the signal is spread evenly across the speakers. a 100 watt amp run at full rated output would send 25 watts to each speaker in a 4x12 if all the speakers have the same impedance.

if you run one 8 ohm speaker and one 16 ohm speaker in the same circuit then the 8 ohms speaker will sound louder cuz it's getting a larger proportion of the current produced by the amplifier.

Quote by stratplyr
the 12in speaker has a maximum power load of 75w rms, when i add a second speaker, does that change?

no, the speaker can still handle 75 watts, the speaker will just be seeing less current with another speaker in the circuit so it will actually 'run cooler' so to speaker.

Quote by stratplyr
The reason i ask is because i stumbled on a video online where the guy uses 4 10in speakers instead of 1 4x12:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdaGp_yUwxM&feature=plcp&context=C3e02b90UDOEgsToPDskJva_D_8_ZuwFy5mfE6xp8q

the 110's are actually only 30w handling, and the dude is using a 50w amp, is this dude retarted?

no, each speaker should only be 'seeing' ~12.5 watts.

Quote by stratplyr
More importantly can i use (and now blow up) 2 bh112 cabs with a 100w amp?

depends, on things. if you are using a 100 watt tube head, then you'll ultimately want your speaker cabs hooked up in parallel to the 8 ohm tap on your output transformer (different amps do this in different ways utilizing speaker out jacks and switches).

if the amp is solid state, just hook up the speakers, you'll be fine cuz there is no output transformer and the speakers will load the circuit just fine
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae