Deep inside of us, there are dreams we all wish for every once in a while. These dreams are really intimate to us, we barely talk to people about them, and if we do, we are on the urge of tears of joy because pursuing your dream makes you happy, or frustration because you sadly believe that dream will just remain what it is, a dream.

What is it that keeps you from accomplishing your dreams? And why do we sometimes choose a more "secure" path, and abandon our dreams? Why do we believe we can't fulfill them desires?

And if you are pursuing your dream and vision and trying to make it true, is there anything that is making you frustrated?

Just curious, as this is a very human topic.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Improbabilty
Damn lottery.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Wanting to be a famous musician..

Improbability.
Struggle financially in particular.
Quite likely wasting valuable years of my life achieving little or nothing.

Pretty sure that's why a lot of musicians just leave their hobby as a hobby. It's too unpredictable and unstable a lifestyle.
Last edited by vayne92 at Dec 20, 2011,
my shyness, lack of confidence, and my indifference.
I fail often due to these and can never pass milestones I set for myself.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Insufficient funds.
Lack of motivation.

Quote by madbasslover
Adulthood. I'm American, I don't have time for dreams.

You don't have time for dreams in the land of opportunity and freedom? You don't deserve to like in America.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Dec 20, 2011,
Viability. Or lack thereof.

I'm interested in becoming a theoretical physicist, or an astro-physicist, but where I live, that's suicide. Even taking up a career in general science (such as biomedical and stuff) here is likely to stifle career choices, notwithstanding teaching positions.
Procrastination. I have so much that I need to achieve to get there and here I am at 02:36am writing on Internet forums.

This causes anger in myself and a belief that I can't, or at least am not worthy of, achieving my dreams. If my dreams were so important, why don't I spend every minute of every day on them?

Why don't I delete social media profiles and stop wasting time caring about such futile things? Why don't I give up smoking and going out and getting wasted? Why don't I attend every class at university and hand in every piece of coursework?

This is an all too familiar circle which keeps me from them, and I'd be surprised if I was the only one here feeling the same...
I wanna be the very best like no one ever was. to catch them is my real test to train them is my cause. I will travel across the land searching far and wide. teach pokemon to understand the power that's inside. I know its my destiny, but sadly, pokemon aren't real
I just want to
be a musician
and nothing else,
but it's really hard
to make a living on
just playing music.
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
The veil of reality
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
they are physically impossible in real life.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
There are 15 other high school tenor sax players in Virginia that ALSO want first chair in the upcoming all state auditions.

Or in the scope of real life; I'm not that great a music writer, money is an issue, and my friends aren't too good at writing either.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Life gets in the way.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
TS, you hit the nail straight on the head. That is exactly how I feel. The frustration part at least. I am long gone being frustrated though. I have just given up and tried to keep trucking on.

Asthma. Asthma keeps me from my dreams.

Quote by a_7_x
This is an all too familiar circle which keeps me from them, and I'd be surprised if I was the only one here feeling the same...

I am the same damn way, bro. Every semester I tell myself this one will be different, this one is the one, and I just cannot find the motivation to get me going...
Nothing is stopping me.

However, you must also make compromises for the ones you love.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
One of my dreams is talk to an old friend but I can't anymore.

My second is to be an arranger. I'm still working on it.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Butt Rayge
You don't have time for dreams in the land of opportunity and freedom? You don't deserve to like in America.

Bitch please, I got bills to pay and my dreams don't make money like my body does.
I'm a lazy idiot, and I need more direction.

I also set the bar too high and discourage myself.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Id vs. Superego I think Freud said.

Dubedit: In all reality though I'd rather not drop out of college and quit my job right now and be bum-****ed later by George Washington and Abe Lincoln because I didn't succeed in my dream.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Dec 21, 2011,
Reality, lack of talented musicians willing to be in a musical group.
I play my guitar like I live life; upside-down.

Gear:
Sender Fratocaster
LTD Phoenix-200
Fender Sonoran
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fender Mustang V 412
Self esteem issues and other people.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Money. Honestly, money. But my dream is to become a lawyer, by a nice house in suburbia, and own a halfway-decent car. So... you know. I don't mind composing music and uploading it to the internet free of charge as a hobby, it gives me satisfaction simply creating it and it feels amazing to put my emotions into the form of sound. If people want to pay for it, then, well, they're probably a little daft. I just want to know that people like what I create, while in the meantime, helping anyone who can pay, with their legal troubles.
Probably been said but: money.

edit: oh leviathan said it already. I don't bother reading posts where the colour is frustrating to read against UG Classic.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I have always wanted to write a great novel with commercial potential and some day I shall maybe even try doing it. There's not much to lose in that, except possibly some money, so why not try.
I'm working towards it...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I actually sit in my university's library around 4 or 5 nights a week until 2am reading books on music composition. I'm writing a symphony - it's my dream.
Unfortunately my degree is computing science and so I never hand in coursework, assignments, exams bla bla bla.

I'm only 20 so I can still hope but...