local samash just got a used one in for $849, played it and absolutely loved it.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-american-select-stratocaster-hss-electric-guitar

is it worth the buy/layaway?

i know the obvious answer is "well u liked it didn't u?"

asking more about resale value/ good pricing?

also, just a note, this guitar is heavy as ballz
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
$850.00 is a bit on the high side, but if it is in A+ condition, it is not unreasonable. If you like it, then by all means go for it. How well will it hold its value? Who knows? Don't buy guitars as investments unless they are classic Les Paul Standards, 50's Telecasters or 50's to early 60's Strats (and a few other oddballs). Buy it because you love the hell out of playing it and because you plan to keep it for a long time.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
$850.00 is a bit on the high side, but if it is in A+ condition, it is not unreasonable. If you like it, then by all means go for it. How well will it hold its value? Who knows? Don't buy guitars as investments unless they are classic Les Paul Standards, 50's Telecasters or 50's to early 60's Strats (and a few other oddballs). Buy it because you love the hell out of playing it and because you plan to keep it for a long time.

i like your point.

it is in pretty top notch condition, plastic cover still on the pickgaurd xD

i think ill go for it if i scrap enough cash together.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
To me there's a couple things to consider. 1) It's at a retail store, so they probably want to make a few bucks off it. I don't begrudge them for that -- but do realize it might be a bit more expensive than you could ultimately find elsewhere. 2) You've actually played it and like it! This is a huge plus for you. How often do people find deals on guitars that they haven't even had the opportunity to play? Those are the real risks.

But to me, getting a minty USA Strat for under a grand isn't that hard of a decision to make. The HSS is awesome, too! Maybe approach them and ask for them to sweeten the pot a little bit. Maybe ask for 10% off so it'll cover taxes or something like that. Maybe some strings, picks, patch cord, etc...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by richardlpalmer
To me there's a couple things to consider. 1) It's at a retail store, so they probably want to make a few bucks off it. I don't begrudge them for that -- but do realize it might be a bit more expensive than you could ultimately find elsewhere. 2) You've actually played it and like it! This is a huge plus for you. How often do people find deals on guitars that they haven't even had the opportunity to play? Those are the real risks.

But to me, getting a minty USA Strat for under a grand isn't that hard of a decision to make. The HSS is awesome, too! Maybe approach them and ask for them to sweeten the pot a little bit. Maybe ask for 10% off so it'll cover taxes or something like that. Maybe some strings, picks, patch cord, etc...

i could probably get a discount, but when u think about it, a stores used prices arent much different then a used market since they do buy gear at almost half (if not less) then what they are worth...on most their gear they have pretty fair pricing
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED