i have done some searching and i need to build a couple of these. i am having trouble finding schematics though. i found the buffer and boost schematics but can't seem to find the "suck knob" schematics.

thanks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It is Tim.

You wire it just like a guitar volume pot, the middle lug goes to the output jack, instead of the wire from the switch you wire the input jack to the leftmost lug (with the lugs of the pot downwards), and the sleeve lugs of the jacks are grounded to the back of the pot along with the final lug of the pot itself.
Last edited by littlephil at Dec 21, 2011,
Quote by littlephil
It is Tim.

You wire it just like a guitar volume pot, the middle lug goes to the output jack, instead of the wire from the switch you wire the input jack, and the sleeve lugs of the jacks are grounded to the back of the pot along with the final lug of the pot itself.

seems a little useless.

mojostompboxes.com
Yeah, they're basically just a second master volume. They can be useful for amps with very sensitive volume pots, you can dial it in a little better without the volume jumping up massively like some amps do.
i would much rather something like a lpb-1 in there so you can go + and - volumes
mojostompboxes.com
Here's a suck knob...
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
i was relatively sure it was simple like a pot in a box wired backwards, but dont know what value would be best for the pot. linear or audio taper, etc.

while you may think it sounds stupid, if you have played a splawn, you get terrible tone until the volume knob gets to 9 o'clock and its a litter louder than i always like to practice. scott splawn added the loop master volume into his amps in 2010, basically does the same thing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i was relatively sure it was simple like a pot in a box wired backwards, but dont know what value would be best for the pot. linear or audio taper, etc.

while you may think it sounds stupid, if you have played a splawn, you get terrible tone until the volume knob gets to 9 o'clock and its a litter louder than i always like to practice. scott splawn added the loop master volume into his amps in 2010, basically does the same thing.

100k audio or 500k audio.

and i still think it sounds stupid.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by AcousticMirror
man enclosures are stupid expensive. don't forget that.

i have a pretty good possibilty of an idea working that would bring the enclosure for <$2 a piece.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
the loop master probably has to do with the inherent balance between the pre amp tubes and the pi.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer