So, Im at my aunts right now and ive been drinking. Theres this song that ive been trying to play for a day now, and just awhile ago I played it perfectly, to my own amazement. I found myself more able to follow the rhythm that I typically have. the song is the killer inside by bte. Anyway, I was just shocked to find that I could play it so well almost all of a sudden. Other songs ive been practicing lately also came out the same way. I played Never too late (3dg) the ocean (zeppelin) and adams song (blink 182) perfectly.
And I dont think that I played perfectly because im so drunk, it just sounds so perfect. i was just a little tipsy after a few shots of vodka. and its like... I felt the rhythm a lot more.
Either, way... quite interesting.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Im an amazing washboard player smashed/drunk, and a better guitarist/drummer when buzzed
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
You only think you're playing them better, bro. Record when drunk, listen while sober, feel shame.
PM me for newts
as I said, im not drunk. just a little tipsy. And I know im playing it right cuz ive listened to the song a million times.
EDIT: well, im drunk NOW. but not an hour ago

Last edited by Iblis92 at Dec 21, 2011,
sigh.... im serious man. Ive been practicing those songs for awhile now. And was playing them note by note perfectly for the first time. ever.

I can walk a shtraighgt line maaan. Jush...jusht ****in *hic* watch me, man.
PM me for newts
Quote by Iblis92
sigh.... im serious man. Ive been practicing those songs for awhile now. And was playing them note by note perfectly for the first time. ever.

reocord it with your phone and tell us what u think 2morrow...
Quote by Iblis92

it could be you're more relaxed when drunk, and put less pressure on yourself to get the parts right.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
i will then. and if i can find a way, ill post it.

Quote by StewieSwan
You only think you're playing them better, bro. Record when drunk, listen while sober, feel shame.

http://youtu.be/LDhTNzWFLjs?t=38m13s

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
There's a clip of my band playing a song, when i was absolutely wrecked on stage , i'm surprised i managed it tbh. At the time i pulled the guitar right out the case , didnt bother tuning or any of that, and decided to give it a go.

The song is basically one chord, and the A string is ringing the whole time. It was about half a semitone out the entire thing. xD I still quite like the performance though, so i think i got away with it, i don't play better drunk though, but i can apparently pull it off without anything going wrong too much.

I'll find the video if i can and post it

edit: this link should work, http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150403684394290

I think i got away with it
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Dec 21, 2011,
My playing goes to Shit but my singing improves. Probably a confidence thing
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by yoduh4077
it could be you're more relaxed when drunk, and put less pressure on yourself to get the parts right.
It's definitely this if you're legitimately better. When you're inebriated, you're much more relaxed and therefore less likely to subconsciously think about what you're doing.
Quote by KTFM
I drink before every gig. Not cos I feel it makes me better, just loosens me up a bit.

yea thats kinda how it is for me. Its like, right now my life is in almost complete chaos (unemployment, not in school, etc) and its like, when i usually practice I just cant stop thinking about all the bs in my life. and tonights like the first time ive been drunk since college (which i dropped out of almost a year ago now) and i havent been thinking as much about my life. and its almost like, i devoloped more of a focused mental picture of the fretboard with my fingers

Quote by StewieSwan

This, so much.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
You know how people say that if you can't find a good hookup, a few drinks and you'll be in a bar of models? Or words to that effect?

Same sort of thing. Only instead of subpar sexual partners turning into sex gods, poor playing turns into beautiful chops.

You only think you sound good.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I play pretty well high, I don't drink but it didn't affect my playing, ecstasy I come up with some interesting melodies, melody is usually my ecstasy focus. When I took acid I was producing rainbows out of my guitar.
Quote by Iblis92
yea thats kinda how it is for me. Its like, right now my life is in almost complete chaos (unemployment, not in school, etc) and its like, when i usually practice I just cant stop thinking about all the bs in my life. and tonights like the first time ive been drunk since college (which i dropped out of almost a year ago now) and i havent been thinking as much about my life. and its almost like, i devoloped more of a focused mental picture of the fretboard with my fingers

Oh, I didn't mean in that way, I just meant it cuts the nerves down, but sure, escapism works, too.
I prefer to bit a bit tipsy before playing a gig, but there has been gigs, where I just get completely shitfaced, it gets to the stage where I started wondering if I could still play guitar. But I pulled it off.

This is the gig where I was hammered - http://greenmileofficial.webs.com/apps/videos/
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly