I am about to sell my schecter guitar that is more oriented to metal for a solid rock guitar, im past the teenage angst part of my life. So im going to have around 500 dollars to spend. Im very musical and i dont just chug on powerchords, so please dont treat me like a nooooobbbb. anyway, I play white stripes style stuff. so punk/blues would be the main style but phsycadelic would be a close second. i need atleast one humbucker, a decent clean tone is important too of course. would most likely be playing through a tube.
Squire Jazzmaster is in your range and getting a lot of good reviews. might be worth checking out
Attachments:
19370-440x305.jpg
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Would you like a semi-hollow or solid body?
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Quote by BlindNematode
Would you like a semi-hollow or solid body?

open to either one
Maybe a Gretsch semi-hollow with a Bigsby ala' Jack White? Pretty versatile instruments.
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Well, Jack White sometimes uses a Gretsch Thunderbird which is similar to an Epiphone Firebird at your price range. You could also go for an Epiphone Dot to get his hollow-body tones and it gives you the ability to play unplugged if you're in a hurry. Or if you want a more vintage sound go for the Squier Jazzmaster mentioned above, it's pickups look and sound a lot like P-90's without the P-90 price tag.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Quote by BlindNematode
Well, Jack White sometimes uses a Gretsch Thunderbird which is similar to an Epiphone Firebird at your price range. You could also go for an Epiphone Dot to get his hollow-body tones and it gives you the ability to play unplugged if you're in a hurry. Or if you want a more vintage sound go for the Squier Jazzmaster mentioned above, it's pickups look and sound a lot like P-90's without the P-90 price tag.

epiphone and squier? id rather stay away from those, maybe im being close minded but they seem very cheeply made to me
I would suggest a Fender Fn1 Mapletop (custom. Its a Fender brand guitar (Tele model) but if you switch one of the toggles it becomes a Gibson (in sound). Switch it back and its a fender. I've tried it and its pretty damn cool. I can't find the vid on youtube at the moment but check it out.
Quote by zenbone
Squire Jazzmaster is in your range and getting a lot of good reviews. might be worth checking out

This one looks really great! I feel like I've made mind - I want it!
If you're at all handy, check out Carvin's guitar kits- they cost about $450.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by VertigodowN
epiphone and squier? id rather stay away from those, maybe im being close minded but they seem very cheeply made to me

I've heard great things about Squier's CV series (though the rest of their guitars, I will agree with you for the most part), and I've played some very nice Epiphones that would be even better with some decent pickups, but those can be upgraded later down the road.

Also... what Schecter do you have? I use my C-1+ to play rock and even jazz, and it's great for it after I put in a set of Dimarzios. If it's a Hellraiser or something I can see why you want to get away from it, but the entire brand isn't just "teenage angst" guitars.
I also desire to have a jack white style guitar, but I dont even know where to start. id like to keep my jackson for metal and have a seperate guitar for jack white style playing.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Telecaster.

Or an epiphone of some description. The jazzmaster is my personal weapon of choice, but an acquired taste.
Dude, where's my band?
i got a prs dave navarro se for 500$ new.....i have had it a few weeks now...and the guitar just plays beautifully...and looks very nice as well....worth a look....i got it off of sweetwater.com

plays better than anything else in its price range...as far as new goes that is....used is a different story though...
I haz gotten gud
what about some sort of guitar from rondomusic? they have some really affordable stuff. would a les paul knock off work? or does it need to be telecaster? they actually have some semi hollow teles.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by VertigodowN

You are,

CV's are excellent Squires and even the cheapest Epiphone Dot is decent.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 21, 2011,
Quote by VertigodowN

Squiers? Yes. Epis? Think again. I've handled many an Epiphone which were nearly indistinguishable from their Gibson counterparts.
To Mr. Rikard Sundén,

Please come back - Sabaton needs you!
Quote by VertigodowN
I play white stripes style stuff. so punk/blues would be the main style but phsycadelic would be a close second.

If you want a dirty white stripes type sound, search your local classifieds for an old kay, silvertone, or something like that. They have mojo AND tone!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Last edited by &baconstrips at Dec 21, 2011,
Quote by VertigodowN

I beg your pardon???? he he

It doesn't have a humbucker though..

Edit: Yea.. I show it off every chance I get...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!