#1
Howdy!

Ok, got one for the pedal users in the forum. Last night I was rearranging my gear, which involved disconnecting everything to move it. Please note that both the amp and the pedal were switched off but plugged in. When I touched the end of the lead going from the guitar into the effects pedal I got a slight but noticeable electric shock from the lead end connecting into the pedal. Now I know many people say that you should always unplug the input side of the pedal when it's not being used, but my understanding is that this is mainly to preserve battery power since there is a constant draw on the pedal even if it and/or the amp is off. I have my pedal connected to an AC adapter so I didn't think this was really an issue. So the question is... is this electrical discharge (causing the shock) a normal occurence or is there something in my pedal that needs to be addressed that's causing the shock? Any advice is appreciated!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
#2
Definitely not normal

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!


Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
#3
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Definitely not normal


Ok... kinda thought not. Any advice anyone?
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
#4
Is this in the wrong topic?
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp