Page 1 of 2
I'm bored and have been thinking and realised I like talking about music more than anything. All of my friends have always been musicians or had a strong Passion for music. My brother plays guitar, my dad plays the guitar. I play the guitar. I have two friends who play the drums, two friends who play bass, like...4 friends who play guitar, a friend who plays saxaphone, 2 friends who play piano, these are all people I was friends with before music. I wouldn't know how to be friends with someone who didn't love music. Do you guys have other non art related passions you love to talk about?
I like talking about music too but most people I know have no real knowledge of it.

Also, neither do I.
I like to talk about fillums.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Sports.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
books and movies. I find myself excited when friends of mine have read the same ones and share the same taste in books as me because then we can trade and discuss even further.

I watch tons of movies and find myself referencing them often. It sucks when the other person has no idea what you're talking about though.
I hate talking about music; I'm such a curmudgeonly snob that it's more annoying than anything ('cuz most people are philistines). So, I dunno, I like talking about life, know what I'm sayin'?
Food.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I love talking about music, the problem is, apart from guys I know from various forums and my band, nobody else I know really 'knows' music. Like I could talk to them about ambient bits in Tesseract songs and they wouldn't have a ****ing clue.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

@due why dont you like talking about music?? I do know what you mean, i love talking about life too. I like talking to people about the way things are done. talking about things like why people do things and what not, a bit of psych and a it of phil. but usually the subject is music. like il talk about how humans and music relate and what not.

@darkconcertine iv never been a fan of reading books, and i dont watch a lot of non-disney movies, but iv noticed people love to reference movies and books. iv always wanted to get into reading, i have a copy of 1984 i never finished sitting next to me on the shelf, i dont know why i dont read it. but would you say that people like to reference books and the ideas and talk aout them the same way I or another musician would talk about music? iv never really thought of it like that.

@stealstrings my best friend loves cars, he always points out cars and says that car has a v32 engine an 6bajillion pandabear power and its got 8th wheel drive, but i never know how to respond to it, i know what he is talking about but i never understand the significance of it, why its so special.

I know a lot about sports because before music, i was a sports guy. so i know enough to talk to a huge sports fan about anything, but i dont keep up with players anymore. but sports is interesting. its like being a huge music fan but not knowing how to play an instrument. i know not everyone can be a musician or a football player, but i find it odd how you can take such interest in a subject and not pursue it as at least a hobby. assuming usually the average raider fan has never played a game of football hahaha
the raiders are so bad lmfao all they had to do was go 2 minutes without letting them go 99yards....isnt that like....the hardest thing to do in football? 99yard two minute drill? i feel bad for their kickers, they are the most talented players on the team but only go on the field when the raiders are doing bad, ie punting or kicking a 65 yard field goal
Quote by DarkConcertine
books and movies. I find myself excited when friends of mine have read the same ones and share the same taste in books as me because then we can trade and discuss even further.

I watch tons of movies and find myself referencing them often. It sucks when the other person has no idea what you're talking about though.

That and that.

I'm reading the Ice & Fire series atm, and my friend is 2 books behind me so were constantly discussing it with me trying not to give massive spoilers.

Also games/tv shows etc. Anything media related with a storyline that I and my friends know about.
Quote by Twistedrock
I love talking about music, the problem is, apart from guys I know from various forums and my band, nobody else I know really 'knows' music. Like I could talk to them about ambient bits in Tesseract songs and they wouldn't have a ****ing clue.

i have an interesting group of friends. we walk around with our guitars and jam in friends garages, our social time is half music time. we talk about our love for john frusciante and reel big fish and how epic btbam is and its a nice connection. i assume a normal group of amigos would sit around with nothing to do in our situations, but all we need is 1 guitar and an entire group can be entertained.
do you like the faceless? random but check out my friends band http://www.facebook.com/propheticdemise?sk=app_178091127385
little spam but its not the end of the world
Politics, literature, myself.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I like to talk about music, but I rarely do, because some idiot always comes along and goes "Hurr durr, Dubstep/Metal/Pop is better than your shitty music" whilst I like all those styles of music. These people make me mad
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
@due why dont you like talking about music?? I do know what you mean, i love talking about life too. I like talking to people about the way things are done. talking about things like why people do things and what not, a bit of psych and a it of phil. but usually the subject is music. like il talk about how humans and music relate and what not.

@darkconcertine iv never been a fan of reading books, and i dont watch a lot of non-disney movies, but iv noticed people love to reference movies and books. iv always wanted to get into reading, i have a copy of 1984 i never finished sitting next to me on the shelf, i dont know why i dont read it. but would you say that people like to reference books and the ideas and talk aout them the same way I or another musician would talk about music? iv never really thought of it like that.

@stealstrings my best friend loves cars, he always points out cars and says that car has a v32 engine an 6bajillion pandabear power and its got 8th wheel drive, but i never know how to respond to it, i know what he is talking about but i never understand the significance of it, why its so special.

I know a lot about sports because before music, i was a sports guy. so i know enough to talk to a huge sports fan about anything, but i dont keep up with players anymore. but sports is interesting. its like being a huge music fan but not knowing how to play an instrument. i know not everyone can be a musician or a football player, but i find it odd how you can take such interest in a subject and not pursue it as at least a hobby. assuming usually the average raider fan has never played a game of football hahaha
the raiders are so bad lmfao all they had to do was go 2 minutes without letting them go 99yards....isnt that like....the hardest thing to do in football? 99yard two minute drill? i feel bad for their kickers, they are the most talented players on the team but only go on the field when the raiders are doing bad, ie punting or kicking a 65 yard field goal

I would if I could. I freaking love rugby.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I like talking about music too, but not a lot of people I know play music. I used to be in the guitar club in school, but most of them were acquaintances anyway. I only know of 2 people who are at least decent in an instrument, and only one of them I regularly interact with.

I like to talk about games too, but I'm apparently not geeky enough because I feel I don't fit in the game thread.

Ever since I found the nightmare inducement thread, I like talking about creepy stuff.
Last edited by triface at Dec 21, 2011,
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I like to talk about music, but I rarely do, because some idiot always comes along and goes "Hurr durr, Dubstep/Metal/Pop is better than your shitty music" whilst I like all those styles of music. These people make me mad

thats the problem with music, its like talking about religion and politics. i love talking about religion. my religious beliefs are leaning towards no god, but im an open minded person, so its not written in sharpie anywhere, but its hard because people instantly assume stuff right off the get go and it prevents you from having an educated argument. but religion and god are so fun to talk about. i like hearing other peoples opinions on things like that, why they like something is more important to me than what they like. personally i think there is no higher being. but that doesnt mean that there isnt something that connects us all in a higher dimension that in this world we cant see. so i fall under the category of not religious but spiritual, as hipster as that is
Chicks man. Chicks.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
The human mind is always interesting. There's also weird crap and paranormal experiences too.
Quote by add_g
The human mind is always interesting. There's also weird crap and paranormal experiences too.

point of this thread was to engage in random conversations with the pit about things i dont ever get to talk about, so il start with you, what are some paranormal experiences you have had or heard?
umm... sex? Girls? I thought thought thats what all guys (except for me) talk about...

Oh, OT, martial arts, most of my friends are trained pretty well in martial arts for some reason, and we're always talking about things like "the time i pulled a flying reverse kick on the blue belt," or "the time I beat up that fat kid in sparring"
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
point of this thread was to engage in random conversations with the pit about things i dont ever get to talk about, so il start with you, what are some paranormal experiences you have had or heard?

Damn, didn't know I was supposed to converse... I've seen one ufo myself and had somewhat of a ghostly experience when staying at a friends place. I've also heard plenty of stories at school about the same type of stuff. You have any experiences?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
@due why dont you like talking about music??

Because I can't stand it when others have differing opinions!

Quote by ErikLensherr
Politics, literature, myself.

I like talking about all of those things except myself.
you guys like to talk about boobs with girls or guys?

@due they dont have different opinions they just dont understand the music you like and you dont understand the music they like.

@add really? id love to hear about this ufo.
no i havent but i have a friend who smoked hash oil and went crazy thinking she was posessed by satan and was talking in different languages and saying crazt bible verses and shit was ****ed. but i havent experienced god or anything other worldly yet, sadly.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Boobs

Wanna meet up for a coffee old chap?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

no i havent but i have a friend who smoked hash oil and went crazy thinking she was posessed by satan and was talking in different languages and saying crazt bible verses and shit was ****ed. but i havent experienced god or anything other worldly yet, sadly.

Alright, so one day I woke up got breakfast, blah, blah, blah. I looked out the window to see if it was gonna be raining or anything and there was this black disc just hovering over the sky. It was moving pretty slowly too so I got a pretty good look at it. Shit totally freaked me out.
I like to talk about anything that interests me. Im ****ing useless at keeping a conversation if its just me and another person, always gets awkward.
Quote by flxjhnlrssn
I like to talk about anything that interests me. Im ****ing useless at keeping a conversation if its just me and another person, always gets awkward.

The trick is getting them to talk about themselves. Don't you love talking about yourself? I know i do.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by flxjhnlrssn

this, if i dont know their interests i just dont know what to talk about. im not into a lot of things that are popular now a days.

damn! iv always wished there would be a ufo when i look up. but here is my opinion of ufos. im sure other life exists, but i dont think they would ever come to earth. if they did im sure their technology would allow them to be cloaked, so if they are here, we cant see them or detecct them, scary aint it?
Art and literature.

Come on, what did you expect?
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
this, if i dont know their interests i just dont know what to talk about. im not into a lot of things that are popular now a days.

damn! iv always wished there would be a ufo when i look up. but here is my opinion of ufos. im sure other life exists, but i dont think they would ever come to earth. if they did im sure their technology would allow them to be cloaked, so if they are here, we cant see them or detecct them, scary aint it?

Quote by Tessalate
The trick is getting them to talk about themselves. Don't you love talking about yourself? I know i do.

I know, I know... I just suck at coming up with things to ask, so it just ends with awkward silences
Last edited by flxjhnlrssn at Dec 21, 2011,
The unknown does tend to be the scariest. What do you think about the phoenix lights and other mass sightings?
Quote by due 07
I hate talking about music; I'm such a curmudgeonly snob that it's more annoying than anything ('cuz most people are philistines). So, I dunno, I like talking about life, know what I'm sayin'?

What about musicial ideas? Non musicians can still appreciate that. For instance, i know a person who i speak with who got dissapointed with me when i told them i'd made a new song with only 1 chord in it.
Quote by Zoot Allures
What about musicial ideas? Non musicians can still appreciate that. For instance, i know a person who i speak with who got dissapointed with me when i told them i'd made a new song with only 1 chord in it.

I'm disappointed bro.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Page 1 of 2