Page 1 of 3
Hey guys, I would like to know what your first guitars were... Mine was a cheap Strat copy.
Squire Strat. Served me well.. sort of, I threw it in the bin eventually.
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Ibanez GSA60, great guitar although I don't use it much, I'll be giving it to my sister when she's old enough to learn...
an ibanez GRG 170DX....so good it would stay in tune 5 or 6 seconds....awsome!
This is my sig....i'm not a funny man
Cort Strat copy

>_>

It sounds decent, however the tremolo bridge causes the guitar to go slightly out of tune (especially the 6th string) and the intonation is not particularly desirable either.
I'll give it the bin eventually.

<_<
I sort of had three first guitars. My very first was in a Peavey starter kit (obviously frigging horrible), the first ever guitar I purchased for myself was an LTD EC-50, but what I consider my first guitar and have that soft spot for is my LTD EX-400, as I have done nearly all of my learning on that bad boy.
I had a cheap strat copy from a brand which escapes me, but I painted it and threw it away a few years back. The guitar I consider my first is my Vintage acoustic (which is a tank: nothing can damage that thing), and I lurve it. It's gone all the way down to drop G, and it's still set up well, stays in tune despite my fairly aggressive picking, and is generally awesome!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 21, 2011,
Epiphone DR-100 (acoustic)
Terrible tuners, decent tone, built like a tank!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Epiphone SG-400

I thought it was great until i bought a les paul
then the sg became a wall ornament.
Washburn WG580 (Ibanez RG370 copy essentially)
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Some old Takamine guitar I borrowed from my uncle. Pretty good guitar actually.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Yamaha RGX 310. it had a floating tremolo bar, and it didn't stay in tune for long...and allmost every part of the guitar sucked. maybe because it was so old when i had it.
A Fender Bronco which I bought brand new in 1973 . Nowadays, they're going for at least around 7-900 dollars on the vintage market.
My first electric was an Ibanez Silver Cadet.
But my first was a crappy acoustic with nylon strings (don't even know the brand).
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
That would be a 1967 Kay semi-hollow body with a Bigsby-esque tremolo bridge. Of course, the pic is not of my actual guitar. This was over 40 years ago and no pics of it exist. Sadly, neither does the guitar. First it was spray-bombed a crappy royal blue, then set alight ala' Hendrix. Oh, the stupidity of youth!

Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Quote by NHECOS
My first electric was an Ibanez Silver Cadet.

I have a Cadet and play it regularly! Love that thing!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Quote by Jacob<3Guitar
Ibanez GSA60, great guitar although I don't use it much, I'll be giving it to my sister when she's old enough to learn...

I had the same guitar, but I can't remember if I got that or my Kawai acoustic first. The Ibanez was fine for what it was through a DS-1 and old MG. Hooray for Dumpster quality.
I am a fake mountain.
1982 Fender Bullet Telecaster... Made in the US, Cream colored, 2 single coil pickups a rosewood fret board, and a steele pick gaurd that doubled as the bridge stop... Built like a tank... wish I still had it.. worked my butt off at the music store to pay for it..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I had a B.C. Rich, the cheap version of a gunslinger. Still have the body, but the neck gave out years ago......
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
A strat copy by the company Rok Axe. Save the last "c" for crap.

Fond memories of that guitar, though. Roked the shit out of it.
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
An old Cameo acoustic that I still have and even just had one of the tuners repaired. Cost $150 with the case around 1981. Made in Korea.
Samick Torino TR-1, It's now my back up...still a great work horse!
You never know what temporal days may bring, laugh, love,live free and sing, when life is in discord, praise ye the Lord-Anberlin

Science is crazy!
A black Westone Spectrum II

I worked in a music store and this one wasn't getting lovin' from customers but I had my eye on it and worked an amazing deal. Eventually sold it to cover living expenses -- wish I never had.

Man, I want one of those again. I mean the trem was crap, but otherwise it was awesome -- for what it was. If anyone happens to have one and would like to get rid of it, please PM me!
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Stagg strat copy, wasn't that bad actually, couldn't stay in tune much though, and the bridge rusted :S It now sits with no strings under my bed.
"Dreams fucking come true!" - Myles Kennedy

It was pretty bad.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Ltd m-15, scored it for $90, was horrible. Sold it.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Idk some cheap 100 dollar guitar my dad bought me in ssecond grade but I only played it for a few weeks before my dad bought me a real guitar.
I'm Bored.

tumblr
<- follow me
Quote by RealGuitarHero

It was pretty bad.

I'm not a fan of extravagant designs, but I've always liked this model ( aesthetically, at least ).
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Mine was an Epiphone T310, a tele copy. Didn't sound very well til I glued the neck on. That was in 97 after I quit playing the guitar 20+ years ago. My very first guitar was an Airline 335 copy in red. That was in the mid 60s.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by bluezombie
I'm not a fan of extravagant designs, but I've always liked this model ( aesthetically, at least ).

It was neck heavy and not very comfortable to play. I bought it on special because it was being discontinued...strangely enough that allowed me to sell it to a music store for more then I bought it for.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
My cheap LP copy (no idea the brand, google tells me nothing xD)
Actually not too bad. I swapped out the crappy P90s for some Seymour duncans (Dist/Jazz combo), changed the knobs and stuck a picture of Gastly on it. The guitar is now known as Gastly.

I also now string it with the strings going the other way through the stop bar, and then wrapping around. I don't really notice any difference, but it looks kind of cool. xD
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Page 1 of 3