I love my guitar and would die if the headstock got busted off (although I may be able to do some Dimebag playing until I break a string...) or the whole neck snapped, so I'm looking for some homemade rigs for keeping your straps on while doing guitar flips. I've been wanting to trust the washer set up (put washers on either side of the strap when you put it on the guitar and then srew the button back on) but want to know of some other solutions (excluding duct tape and not doing the flips at all).

Any ideas help, and thanks.
I started to feel really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't
- Kurt Cobain
Quote by Woffelz
Don't do a guitar flip.

+1.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Washers or proper strap-locks are your safest bet. Not doing flips at all will be what I'll recommend though, because quite frankly, it just looks silly.
what exactly do you mean by guitar flips?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Do guitar flips without flipping the guitar, but flipping yourself with the guitar. Do a front/back/side flip. Or all. Maybe at once.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
if you pull out the strap pins to upgrade them for locking pegs,
the hole left in the guitar might be a little larger than the replacement
peg's screw.

this will leave you with a less stable strap, in spite of the addition of a lock.

if you swap out the pegs, then make sure to secure them in the hole properly.

oh and also don't flip your guitar. it looks cheesy.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
No flips with the guitar. Play it behind your head or something.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Just buy a set of decent straplocks like Schaller.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Just don't.

Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jet City JCA20H
Orange PPC212
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Boss DD-7
Digitech Whammy IV
5 deck screws screwing he strap into the body of the guitar on each side will ensure that it never comes off....oh...wait...that would damage the guitar....

Get strap locks, or do the washer idea, don't flip your guitar like some 12 year old wanna be Dimebag, and stop being cheap.
Lol. As I would love to do the back flips or barrel rolls, I'm too fat for that. But playing behind the head would be alright for a solo and I wanted to do a flip because our school is a bunch of hicks who haven't really seen any guitar tricks. The band I'm in is doing a talent show at the school.
- Kurt Cobain
All you need to hold the strap on to do guitar flips is an entire can of Aquanet hairspray Seriously though, all they had in the 80's were straplocks. Get some of those and go for it!! Don't listen to all these people that say it's stupid, i'm sure they look really cool standing perfectly still...
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by death eater
Lol. As I would love to do the back flips or barrel rolls, I'm too fat for that.

It's pretty easy if you jump off something and do it.

If you're too afraid you'll injure yourself (somewhat likely if you've never done it before) make your guitar do a back flip/barrel roll. Take it off and throw it in the air. Make sure you catch it though....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by zeek7pc
All you need to hold the strap on to do guitar flips is an entire can of Aquanet hairspray Seriously though, all they had in the 80's were straplocks. Get some of those and go for it!! Don't listen to all these people that say it's stupid, i'm sure they look really cool standing perfectly still...

It's really funny when someone attempts to flip their guitar around their neck, and it flings off their neck, because they were head banging, and lands inside the kick drum.

Well i have never hit anything nor broken anything in a guitar spin :p some close calls though. I use the washer method but I use some of those square head 2-3" long wood deck skrews. The copper colored ones. They will never rip out. If you realy wanted you could hold them in with wood glues even but I dont recomend it...
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
Get some strap locks. They're like $10. Just make sure you spray the pins with some lube. My first set got a little rusty, which caused the ball bearings in the pin to get stuck in. Stuck bearings = not locked. The strap came out a few times on me, and I narrowly avoided dropping my guitar right on the headstock. Sprayed some oil on there, and good as new.

Oh, and unless you have a massive beard and a fuzzy pink guitar, just don't.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Well it's just that all the strap locks I have seen looked too cheesy or complex for me to use and set up. But I have come to the conclusion to not even try it, because i did a yank test on the strap with washers idea, and the bottom pin just flew out when I yanked it. So I think I'm just gonna do some Angus Young and fall on the ground and spin in circles playing a solo.
- Kurt Cobain
Quote by death eater
Well it's just that all the strap locks I have seen looked too cheesy or complex for me to use and set up.

Too cheesy compared to a guitar flip? I'd suggest if they're too complicated to use and set up you stay well away from flips too!
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.

You could also consider the keyboard flip if you're unsure about doing a guitar one.
take everything I say with a shaker of salt, I'm probably wrong
Just get straplocks. They're not that expensive. The washer idea would probably work too. Don't listen to anyone discouraging you from doing it. Do it if you want. Just make sure you have a wireless system for your guitar or you'll end up all tangled up
I hate my sig
Wow what a gay post. Get straplocks unless your too poor, but then you shouldn't even think about whiping your guitar around like that. I love watching bands do this and fail.

I actualy saw a guy destroy a Gibson LP custom when his guitar came off and spintered as it hit the ground. I felt bad for the guitar, but laughed at him all nite long.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate