I have discovered that I've this year become more and more obsessed with saving my money. I don't buy anything tasty (sodas, candy etc..) or pretty much anything at all. I'm soon 17, I have now around 1300 € which is the most money I've ever had in my entire life.

Should I see this as a good or a bad thing? I mean, it's good to be able to save money and not waste it all right away, but on the other hand it could make me cheap; and it feels like a little bit of my soul dies when I have to spend any amount of money no matter how small it is.

I kinda feel like Scrooge McDuck, even if I don't have a ridiculous amount of money.

Also, should I spend money on gear or save it until I move out? I turn 18 in December 2012, so it's not exactly an eternity until then.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Good, so long as you actually use it at some point. You get people who save thousands until their deaths and do nothing with it. Why do that, unless it is for relatives or something?

Still, be proud that you're a tightarse!
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 21, 2011,
Are you really asking if it's a bad thing that you don't waste money?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I wish I was addicted to saving money, maybe I'd have enough to buy decent food by the end of the month.
A lot of people are like that when they first start making money. The important thing is to establish good saving practices like creating a savings account and starting a direct deposit into it every payday. Even if you feel like you should be spending it, don't let your money burn a hole in your pocket.

Also, don't keep saving your money in one account assuming it'll always be there, because one day when you have to pay bills you'll wake up and wonder where the hell all of it went.

Same here. I've been working for a year and a half and all my money has been saved. I rarely spend. Only get new guitar strings, maybe a few beers for parties and the odd guitar part. It's not a problem at all, unless it starts to affect your personal relationships and your health (It shouldn't) keep up the good work. There's very few people who have that discipline
Most things people buy nowadays are a waste, good on you for saving. But do spend it eventually. Something worth while.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I save all the time. The only time I actually spend money is for other people... aka Christmas and birthdays.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
As long as you don't end up taking a girl to a restaurant and going, "Um...you can't buy any of the items over (insert currency amount here)." I mean, really, saving money is good. Just don't be skimping when you shouldn't be worrying about it.
Continue as you are and retire at 30.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ComradSputnik
do you happen to be Jewish? Cause then it would be normal

I'm an Atheist.

Quote by beyondthegrave
its good to save money but you should atleast have a goal that you are savin for or else its pointless...atleast thats how i feel.

Yeah, I know, but when something do come along that I really want/need (maybe a Rickenbacker bass) then I'll have money already saved.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by Low Man's Lyric
Also, should I spend money on gear or save it until I move out? I turn 18 in December 2012, so it's not exactly an eternity until then.

Are you serious? Save it for moving out. I'm surprised you're even asking. I don't know if you're getting your own place or not but you're going to find you're going to need a lot of things you don't have. You'll also have a completely new budget that you didn't have at home.

So yeah, save your money for moving out. If you find yourself still having money left over then good... save some for emergency expenses (dentists, glasses, bills, etc) and have fun with the rest.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You should blow all of it, the world ends in December 2012, you should know that.
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
Quote by Low Man's Lyric

Yeah, I know, but when something do come along that I really want/need (maybe a Rickenbacker bass) then I'll have money already saved.

That would be an investment.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
With me I save money in that I don't buy material possessions. I do however go out every Saturday night and spend around £40 and not recall spending about £20 of that. It's very cheap for a night out where I live
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Quote by Alex_WK
With me I save money in that I don't buy material possessions. I do however go out every Saturday night and spend around £40 and not recall spending about £20 of that. It's very cheap for a night out where I live

Where do u live?? I pay through my ass to get myself some decent liquor
It's good to an extent. The reason I had a bunch of decent gear by the time I was 16 was because I worked anywhere from 12 to 24 hours a week, and no matter how big the pay cheque was I only ever took out $40 from it. But if you find yourself being really stingy with friends or asking for money even though you have loads in the bank, then that's bad.
Listen to Kensai. If you're seriously considering moving out, you're going to need all the money you can get to spend on things you won't even realize you need until the second you need them.

Good on you for saving, it's definitely a smart move and puts you ahead of the game, especially for a 17-year-old. Just remember, spending is what money's for, so don't be afraid to buy something you'll enjoy every once in a while. And if it makes you feel uncomfortable, justify it by telling yourself "I fucking deserve this!" That's what I do
Quote by DukeDeRox
Obviously you got this.
Quote by RaysGotThis
Listen to Kensai. If you're seriously considering moving out, you're going to need all the money you can get to spend on things you won't even realize you need until the second you need them.

Good on you for saving, it's definitely a smart move and puts you ahead of the game, especially for a 17-year-old. Just remember, spending is what money's for, so don't be afraid to buy something you'll enjoy every once in a while. And if it makes you feel uncomfortable, justify it by telling yourself "I fucking deserve this!" That's what I do

I see what you're saying, good stuff.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
It's so easy to be a cheap ass when you're still living with your parents. Once you start paying rent, medical bills, gas, car bills, speeding tickets, etc. you'll barely have any spending money left. You'll be living paycheck to paycheck.
**** that. money's for spending. It's not going to help you if you don't use it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Treat your friends once in a while.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

im addicted to spending money. so shut up and enjoy the wealth, or spread it around.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'd say it's a good thing not to be a complete spend-a-holic, but at the same time you don't want to get too wrapped up in saving your money.

In other words, have a little fun with it once and a while but don't get carried away.
I forgot to say, find a girlfriend. After just one mall trip, you'll have nostalgia for the days you had money.
INVEST IT, LIKE, REALLY REALLY WELL, AND LIKE KEEP THROWING MONEY AT IT, SO THAT, LIKE, WHEN UR 30, YOU'LL BE LIKE ABLE TO PAY OFF YOUR MORTGAGE AND BUY YOUR WIFE A TITTIE JOB OR SOME SHIT.