Page 1 of 2
I realise there is an art thread, but I just wanted to make a thread especially for beginning/young artists. So feel free to criticise people's work, and I'll get the ball rolling:
I made this recently when I was in Italy overlooking the mediteranean and I felt like the calmness of the sea truly held something more grotesque, like a sleeping butterfly. That inspired me to make this piece:

So tell me what you think!
You lie, vagelier - that's no butterfly. It's clearly a nerdy, brown-colored sperm.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
there's already a terrible art thread

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
This one I made a long time ago, reflecting Descartes cogito ergo sum. I didnt know where the borders of humanity where, and felt like only a supernatural being could determine what was and what wasnt. or what is and what isnt. with that in mind, I made my:
"non cogitas, ergo non es"

feel free to criticise!
Very nice. I love the contrasting tones and the use of unconventional stylistic motifs. It conveys a feeling of subtle isolation which is characteristic of a lot of early contemporary art.

Here is my latest work, inspired by the courage of the rioters in the middle east. I call it "Freedom":

🙈 🙉 🙊
It looks like a black Zoidberg with a chalupa on his head that has a face on it.

edit: to vagelier

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
great work on the texture, entity. really signifies the impact of civil war. btw, do i spot a wink at victorian england in the upper left corner? or was that just to make the theme more universal? either way, great work, although the composition itself couldve been a little less attenuate
Quote by madbasslover
The inspiration for this piece struck me whilst I was perusing a Jackson Pollock gallery. The title of the piece is "Giant Poo Monster."

HAHAHA, love the sardonic nictitate *wink wink*. shrewd, jaunty but perhaps a little too Freudian. Love the use of colours though, really lifts the mood of the piece! keep up the good work!
Quote by vagelier
great work on the texture, entity. really signifies the impact of civil war. btw, do i spot a wink at victorian england in the upper left corner? or was that just to make the theme more universal? either way, great work, although the composition itself couldve been a little less attenuate

You are correct, I decided on using more traditional stylistics, which in itself is a metaphor for the nature of struggle across the span of human history.

This next piece was actually for an album cover, and while I don't normally stoop my talents to the level of common popular art, I was so compelled by the request that I found myself drawn, nay forced, toward its genesis. I titled it "Natural Selection".

🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by madbasslover
This is an art thread, not a show and tell.

Bitch, please.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
its a little shabby, if you dont mind me saying. of course, I realise that theres a certain breed of people who would find that breathtaking, and that differences are inevitable, but I just cant find myself appreciating art of "lower" status if you get my meaning. Theres hierarchy even in art.
Quote by metaldud536
Hai guize

My god, that is seriously cool!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
This is my finest attempt at an art, I call it The Seventeenth

Last edited by CorvetteRick at Dec 21, 2011,
I am so glad to see so many other artistic souls out there... I was starting to tihnk I was the only one .... anyway, to be honest, I havent got much of my work anymore, because I lost a lot of my personal collection when my house in paris burned town... plus, a lot of my work is in art galleries all over europe and I feel like having copies would comprimise the soul of the works... anyways, I wanted to show this sketch of my next work. I have spent days, weeks, not sleeping because I just couldnt get the colours right. In the end I decided to leave it, even though it could've been my magnum opus. Ah well.... thats the pain of an artist right?

Quote by MakinLattes
I did this during my hippo period.

Genius...colour, form, dynamics, all complement each other perfectly and create a sense of a second reality, floating above the image. Truly this is the platonic ideal of art.

Quote by vagelier
its a little shabby, if you dont mind me saying. of course, I realise that theres a certain breed of people who would find that breathtaking, and that differences are inevitable, but I just cant find myself appreciating art of "lower" status if you get my meaning. Theres hierarchy even in art.

I would agree, it's not on of the best in my portfolio and I found myself seriously constricted by the limitations of having another specify the outcome. It has sentimental value for me though, as it marks an important transitional era in my career.
🙈 🙉 🙊
The partial overlap shows the dichotomy between their true want for unified hippoly interconnectedness and the natural state in which they are forced to exist, flinging their poo high in the air, separately.

Exquisite.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Just stumbled upon this little tidbit. It was exhibited in Pompidou in Paris for a long time, until I moved away and couldnt stand the thought of it being further than the horizon from me.
I painted this during my "dry" period, when I locked myself up in a windmill with some sausages, paint and balloons. I huffed most of the paint, but when I woke up two days later this lovely little gem was standing beside the haystack.
Entitled:
"Fort Knox"

The gold is behind the picture, amikorekt?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by maggot9779

It doesn't have a name yet but i'm pretty proud of it.

Brilliant use of lighting and texture to really draw the viewer's eyes into the heart of the piece. It's very reminiscent of early 1900's vorticism. It makes a bold statement, and I rather like what it has to say.
I made this to glorify caturday.
It's a picture of a cat's face who had only just escaped the wheels of a car. I hope you enjoy

I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by CorvetteRick
This is my finest attempt at an art, I call it The Seventeenth

I love it. The anger shown in the red square is expressive and your use of white space is phenomenal.
I call this one "The Penis And The Sun" and it was inspired by this one dream I had once. Notice the extreme detail and vibrant colors.

Ringo Starr???
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by guitar12
Just to make sure, you're all joking right?

Art is not a joke, you philistine.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by guitar12
Just to make sure, you're all joking right?

People like you make me sick. Art is expression. Expression is culture. The death of art, or as your kind would prefer, the very nonexistence of it, is the death of culture, and without culture we might as well be mindless savages roaming the wild. This "joke" is the only thing separating you from being a feral, tasteless beast.
Amazing art guys.

I hope to one day be as talented as all of you.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Basti95
^^ Okay but, is it a joke?
Also i had this stored away, so what the hey

How can you look at these works and honestly ask if this is a joke? Is Mozart's Starry Night a joke? Or Vivaldi's Moonlight Sonata?

But enough talk, this is an art thread. I drew this piece while on a wine-tasting tour of the French countryside some years before its beauty was marred by the war. I feel it captures something about the place that the horror of human atrocity has sadly taken away forever. I call it "Rape Whistle."

Page 1 of 2