Why does the pit play guitar? What drives you to do this?
I found mine today when i was sitting playing schism by tool and playing the whole song and realizing how nice it sounded. I really play for my own enjoyment because i love the music. I would like to know your drive to play.
I have an addictive personality, once I find a passion I want to hit it 100% and drop everything else. Therefore, i live for music and have very little else to show for my life.
It gets me away from life. If I didn't learn to play guitar, I'd probably be jailed or in the process of.
I play my guitar like I live life; upside-down.

Gear:
Sender Fratocaster
LTD Phoenix-200
Fender Sonoran
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fender Mustang V 412
I really like making things, and let's face it, making music is awesome.
I dislike learning songs though... I'd rather let the creative juices flow then dedicate time to learning [but, I still try to pick up cool bits I hear or find, because otherwise I'd be stifled creatively].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
It is not enough that I should succeed. Others should fail.

lolz

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by blake1221
I love music, I love creating it, I love listening to it.

Totally this.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by blake1221

This. I have an urge to create albums and express myself.
you're a stone fox
I like playing and listening and writing little bits of songs. When it comes to actual songwriting and recording, I sort of hate it. It's really ****ing tedious working on getting everything to sound right and flow.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I really have no desire to write my own music. I just like to play other people's stuff.

If I had people to start a band with I'm sure I would feel differently though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Um... well I thought I was pretty cool playing guitar on Rock Band... So yeah...
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
Quote by blake1221

Pretty much this. I've been playing one instrument or another since I was 9. Music has been the only constant throughout my life.
Check out my band Disturbed
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/L2112Lif/

I have 34 songs on my profile, and I just finished and uploaded a new song. Probably gonna do some drumming work for a song called "It Isn't Quite The Same Thing On Another Planet" on Christmas eve, and release that as a single with "There's No Smoke Without Fire" the day after Christmas.

The drive is pretty strong, Braheme.
Quote by StewieSwan
Pretty much this. I've been playing one instrument or another since I was 9. Music has been the only constant throughout my life.

Oddly enough, now that I think about it, that's true for me. Only thing that I always return to.

It's therapeutic to write out everything, it's a healthier release then drinking myself to death every night instead.

Quote by L2112Lif
Oh, before I forget, Happy Birthday Brohan!

I got you the gift of a new song on my profile! AKA, I got ME a gift! (Because I totally forgot to get you anything at all)

Quote by L2112Lif

I have 34 songs on my profile, and I just finished and uploaded a new song. Probably gonna do some drumming work for a song called "It Isn't Quite The Same Thing On Another Planet" on Christmas eve, and release that as a single with "There's No Smoke Without Fire" the day after Christmas.

Stop whoring your music everywhere.
Last edited by blake1221 at Dec 21, 2011,
Quote by Basti95
I have an addictive personality, once I find a passion I want to hit it 100% and drop everything else. Therefore, i live for music and have very little else to show for my life.

Pretty much this.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
I love everything about music, and playing guitar just let's me being able to play the music I love, as well as write it. In my experience, there aren't many better feelings than nailing a riff or writing something that sounds awesome.
A somewhat AS-related obsession, and a love of writing weird and wacky shit which hasn't been done before. I have no complaints.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I don't really play anymore since I don't have a classical ensemble at my Uni like I did in High School
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
I play because I write
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I love cohesion when it really works to produce something you feel proud of. Whether it's in a band situation, or just yourself writing different parts which all just...fall into place and become a great achievement.
That and the fact I always have constant grooves or beats or riffs or melodies going around in my head. It's almost cathartic just to get all that shit out in one way or another, regardless of whether it sound bad or good.