Okay, so at the risk of upsetting some, what can you tell me about ENGL?
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Last edited by richardlpalmer at Dec 21, 2011,
I don't think putting brand names in tiers is a great idea. Each company has their fair share of high end and low end products.
I'd put Engl in the high-grade category. All of the Engls I have had a chance to play have left a mark on me. I hope to own either a Fireball or Powerball one day. Only reason you don't hear so much about them is because they are from Germany. So the price is higher due to the importing that stores and websites must do.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
I started playing guitar on Thunder 50,great amp for a price. I played few ENGLs and I think they are great..
Quote by guitaristren
Each company has their fair share of high end and low end products.

Comparing Marshall's product range to Diezel's is blaspheme! Broad statement is stupid!
Rivera in with Jet City and Hughes and Ketner? WTF?
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Quote by Dilberto
Rivera in with Jet City and Hughes and Ketner? WTF?

Yeah I must agree, how did you appraise Rivera?
Quote by guitaristren
I don't think putting brand names in tiers is a great idea. Each company has their fair share of high end and low end products.

You're right. Wasn't a good (or useful) idea. I've edited the post -- even when I was making it I had that thought...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Quote by conor-figgy
Yeah I must agree, how did you appraise Rivera?

Actually, that was one of the ones I didn't actually have experience with and based it on just a handful of comments I've observed. Sorry about that...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
i like 'em, but some of them are nicer than others (they don't really have any low end amps, but i'd put some in the "mid-range" category). And some are one trick ponies whereas others are more versatile.

also i don't think the new gigmaster series is all-tube. which is disappointing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i like 'em, but some of them are nicer than others (they don't really have any low end amps, but i'd put some in the "mid-range" category). And some are one trick ponies whereas others are more versatile.

also i don't think the new gigmaster series is all-tube. which is disappointing.

Yet another "all tube" amp that most likely isn't... *sigh*
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Personally, I didn't like the Gigmaster much when I tried it. The tone.... let's say it had "HT5-syndrome". And I'm not even talking about diode clipping or whatnot.

In general, they make good amps, though personal taste and expectations play a big role of course. In Europe, the Fireball (both models) and Blackmore are good value, because to me, they sound just as nice as the more expensive models for the tones they were designed for, but they sacrafice features/versatility to keep the price low. Which I'm fine with.
In the States, the prices may not seem attractive... imo, the Screamer and Thunder models are too pricey for what they offer outside of Europe. The Blackmore and Fireball aren't cheap but still manageable and the price isn't unreasonable for what's offered. Anything higher-end really is pricey and I'd think twice before buying.
^+1 basically (haven't tried the gigmaster)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Another good note for people interested in Engl is the Engl e530 Preamp. That's a mean preamp for rack junkies or those who want to hook it into their effects loop.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2