Im in the process of putting a graphtech nut in my strat. I have taken the old one out and now pushed the new one in so I can position it right. However I cant get the nut all the way to the bottom of the slot. Im not sure if the walls of the slot are uneven or maybe the bottom of it but there is a 1mm gap under the nut regardless of what I do to position it. Should I try to fill it will something, glue or wood, and how bad will this affect the sustain and tunability of the guitar?

Cheers
i dont think UG community is quaflified to help you with your nut problems
Quote by darkstar2466
You will get large cacti inserted into your anus for the heinous crime of piracy.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I wanna go down on you Jesus, I wanna feel your salvation all over my face

My signature lacks content.
It is, however, blue.
check to see if the bottom of the slot is flar. some of them are curved and are parallel to the radius of the fretboard. IF its curved, that may be why there is a gap. if its curved, you need to either file the slot flat or make the nut with a radius
Quote by Rusty_Chisel
check to see if the bottom of the slot is flar. some of them are curved and are parallel to the radius of the fretboard. IF its curved, that may be why there is a gap. if its curved, you need to either file the slot flat or make the nut with a radius

+1
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb