I've been looking to get an Interface for awhile now.
Max price ~$150(USD)
I have narrowed it down to these four:

Samson G-Track
Presonus Audiobox
Line 6 UX2
Focusrite Saffire 6
I play guitar.
my advice:
skip the Gtrack. get a propper interface instead of the mic with built in interface thing.

the next question i would ask you is: do you prefer to have MIDI I/O or line inputs? if you want the line inputs instead of MIDI, that puts you with the line6. the other two are only instrument and mic inputs. if you want MIDI, i would go for the saffire. the thing has nice preamps, and i like that the headphone out is on the front. more convinent, and makes more sense to me.
I'd also like to ask.

How much experience do you have with recording?
Do you have microphones?
Do you have ample space for amp recording?
Is volume an issue?

The line 6 pod farm sim software is really good so if you have lots of constraints but would like to have lots of options when recording I highly suggest the ux2. I used the older model with the gearbox software for years. In fact all of the guitar takes in my profile were made with it.
Quote by Chaosinborn
I'd also like to ask.

How much experience do you have with recording?
Do you have microphones?
Do you have ample space for amp recording?
Is volume an issue?

The line 6 pod farm sim software is really good so if you have lots of constraints but would like to have lots of options when recording I highly suggest the ux2. I used the older model with the gearbox software for years. In fact all of the guitar takes in my profile were made with it.

I have some experience recording.
I have a cheap microphone, no fancy ones though.
I use my bed room, which is a decent size to record.
What do you mean by is volume an issue?
I play guitar.
Saffire 6 hands down. In that price range nothing compares to it (I own 4 interfaces in that range)

I own a UX2 but don't by it for PODFarm. Here are many free amp sims that I prefer over PODFarm. I'm not sayin it's bad but that was the main reason I got a ux2 and I rarely use any software that came with it.
Last edited by FireHawk at Dec 22, 2011,
Saffire 6 is the best of those, no question.

The preamps and conversion are far ahead of the others. The only thing the Line 6 unit has over it is POD Farm, but the Standard version of that software is pretty lackluster, and you'll spend significantly more money upgrading it to the version that is actually useful. Free amp sims such as TSE's X50 and LePou's LeCto/LeGion/LeXtac are leaps and bounds ahead of anything that comes in the Standard version of POD Farm and (arguably) better than anything that comes in the Platinum version of it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i can get free amp sims for the saffire 6. Since I'll probably go direct in, till I get a a decent mic.
I play guitar.
I've heard some really mixed reviews on the Scarlett. The general consensus seems to be that the Saffire 6 is much better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've heard some really mixed reviews on the Scarlett. The general consensus seems to be that the Saffire 6 is much better.

Hmm, i watched a review saying that the Scarlett is the same as the Saffire just smaller and no MIDI
I play guitar.
I would. I'm after either a UX2 or the S6. The Line 6 is more common, but probably just below the Saffire in quality.